Refinery29 is looking for a Head of LA Sales with a proven track record of building and scaling multi-platform digital business. The ideal candidate will have a passion for solving complex marketing challenges, an obsessive focus on customer service, and a deep understanding of how to package and sell a suite of core products including video, mobile, experiential and social.
- Build and scale key auto, CE and entertainment accounts
- Focus on driving multi-platform, multi-million dollar programs
- Stay ahead of the curve on marketplace trends relating to their clients as well as the digital industry
- Consistently brainstorm and innovate on behalf of Refinery’s tremendous growth
- Be a leader within a dynamic organization and team
- Collaborate with Creative Director, Marketplace & Media for best-in-class sales strategies and packages
- Identify new business opportunities and case studies based on analysis and feedback of tent pole campaigns
- Work with management to accurately forecast revenue, including both media and custom programs
- Proactively anticipate custom needs and identify any potential issues
- Help to establish and promote best practices and processes to ensure excellent client support and communication
Desired Skills and Experience:
- MINIMUM of 5+ years management experience, 10+ years in digital sales
- Experience closing/managing large custom content deals REQUIRED
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to converse with management, internal departments, as well as with clients/agencies, ensuring everyone always feels in the loop
- Industrious, thinks on their feet and is solutions oriented
- Creative in problem solving and industry solutions, and is proactive in sharing these ideas
- Is a team player and works hard to support the greater goal of the team. Adds a healthy tension with incredible collaboration with all internal stakeholders.
- Goal oriented and assertive. Ability to be aggressive in achieving what they want without being exasperating in their approach
- Kind to their teammates
- Smart. Ability to command respect in their way of thinking. Continually educating themselves on the industry.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with high pressure
- Ability to independently build a large pipeline of outbound leads, pursue and close