What we’re looking for
We are hiring a Head of Lab, to lead our front-end innovation activities, creating a pipeline of venture ideas and concepts using open innovation, deep customer insight and partnerships, developing a constant flow of prioritised concepts based on customer validated learnings through early prototyping and experimentation.
The Lab is the fuel in our innovation process. Leading the Lab, your role starts and ends with the customer; understanding their needs, problems and market friction in mobility and personal transportation. Managing the front end innovation process, you will develop a portfolio of mobility service concepts that solve real customer problems, to improve their quality of life and how they move around. This way you can create real value to existing Jaguar and Land Rover customers, as well as entirely new audiences.
You will initially focus on organic venture creation to ensure strategic alignment and to maximise the unfair advantage of InMotion being part of Jaguar Land Rover. However, it is expected you will evaluate and develop idea flow from a number of sources, and integrate these into our innovation pipeline.
You will start by scouting, understanding and gathering deep customer insight, in partnership with internal and external stakeholders, generating and validating ideas. As such you are accountable for understanding consumer, market and transportation trends, as well as the broader cultural, technological, digital and competitive environment, and feeding this into the innovation process.
The goal is to create a prioritised hopper of service concepts by applying business rigour, experimenting and conducting sprints with MVPs to generate customer validated learnings that will help you determine customer-problem fit and market-solution fit.
What the role will have to deliver
Lead cross-functional teams of specialists across the innovation process
- At the front-end deploy ideation methods inc. open innovation, design thinking, workshops etc.
- At the back-end develop concepts with real customer insights and validated learnings
- Manage idea flow into the Lab and concept readiness for the Incubator
Manage the innovation pipeline, from insight to ideas to concepts
- Develop and maintain the hopper of mobility service ideas and concepts
- Build a strong pipeline of successful future facing innovation ideas
- Create and develop the innovation scorecard, establish KPI and hopper progress
Build the front end innovation process and operations
- Scout and insight gather to identify customer problems, trends and behaviour
- Develop the open innovation process and platform to connect with customers
- Collaborate with public and private partners, create networks as appropriate
- Identify new sources of idea flow, integrate learnings from across InMotion
Prioritise early stage ideas and develop into base concepts
- Apply the InMotion investment thesis to prioritise ideas
- Develop a robust service concept using insights and research
- Develop the business model canvas, value proposition and market opportunity
Experiment and test concepts to validate ideas, assess and prioritisation
- Build MVPs, conduct sprints leading cross-functional teams
- Complete customer discovery and determine market-solution fit
- Integrate ‘company builders’ into the Lab to achieve talent-idea fit
- Deliver customer validated learnings to develop, prioritise and kill concepts
Refine and develop concepts to a level of maturity suitable for early stage funding
- Build the early business case, determine model and base unit economics
- Generate a strong market and business model hypothesis for further validation
- Communicate and pitch the most promising concepts to the investment committee
Develop a positive and inclusive innovation culture within InMotion and across JLR
- Build strong business relationships and partnerships with all stakeholders (industry, academic, public etc)
- Conduct workshops with JLR divisions, NSCs and external partners
- Act as the training and learning hub/centre of excellence
- Provide expert consulting for on-boarding and up-skilling
This job has been filled or removed by InMotion.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Head of Lab job post.✕