Tend is the world's first neobank powered by the social engine of its membership. We exist to create financial wellbeing together, empowering our community to build the next generation of financial services with us. Our open banking ecosystem brings leading products and features (including banking, payments, shopping, travel, insurance, credit monitoring, artificial intelligence and more) under one umbrella. In addition, we share the revenue of Tend with our membership, allowing the community to benefit from our mutual growth.
Our interactive platform will be launching in the U.S. and Mexico in January 2021, beginning with a mobile app that comes with all the good stuff and none of the headaches of other financial institutions. A Tend membership means access to amazing perks and rewards, like up to 15% cashback on everyday shopping, up to 10% cashback on travel, a referral program that pays you monthly (you heard that right), and much much more. Need to transfer money? You got it. Build your credit? Yep. Send money abroad? We’ve got you covered.
We are building Tend to be a company that partners with our customers to create financial wellbeing for each other, and to make a positive impact in the communities where we live and work. Our members will be in the driver’s seat — we can’t wait to see where they take us.
We're looking for an experienced multicultural marketing and communications pro to join our small
but mighty marketing team. We’re completely revamping our brand, app and suite of product
offerings on a multi-phased growth roadmap to becoming the world’s first digital banking collective
and want someone with the passion and drive to match our ambitions.
This candidate will join a highly creative and performance-driven team that is breaking the rules of
the digital banking industry through an innovative subscription-based model that focuses on
community and financial wellbeing for our members. Our aim is to fuse our agile iterative approach
to product dev with our eye-opening and attention-grabbing marketing and PR campaigns to drive
growth through customer acquisition.
This position reports to the CMO and will lead in-house Latino/Hispanic and multicultural marketing efforts and manage outside agencies (i.e. public relations, media) in the development, production and execution of best-in-class customer acquisition and brand advertising. The Latino/Hispanic Segment Lead will work closely with the Head of Growth Marketing and Head of Global Brand and Creative on holistic 360-degree marcom initiatives across the entire customer funnel. Using their communications skills, they will build effective working relationships and collaborate with internal and external partners that result in highly branded, innovative, traffic-driving creative in the marketplace.
Additionally, this role will be responsible for helping us expand into Mexico and future LATAM
markets according to our growth and expansion plans. The right candidate will grow with the
expansion of Tend and will have strong potential to build out and lead the LATAM marketing team.
- Lead team in development of advertising campaigns for assigned initiatives; act as main point of contact on assigned projects for internal customers and agency partners on program execution
- Drive marketing strategy (brand awareness, consumer sentiment, media, influencers, partnerships) with a focus on U.S.-based Latino/Hispanic customer segments, as well as prospects and customers in Mexico and cross-border (multi-national) business operations and product offerings
- Co-lead go-to-market (GTM) strategy for Mexico alongside Head of Growth Marketing to ensure full-funnel adoption and retention goals met according to the company roadmap
- Oversee execution of broadcast TV for assigned initiatives; lead or oversee development of digital and mobile, print, radio, OOH creative work for national initiatives
- Work closely with senior leadership (C-Suite) and integrated marketing on messaging plans for assigned marketing initiatives
- Manage agency partners on execution of advertising programs and ensure campaigns are produced on strategy on time and within budget
- For assigned initiatives, advise on campaign and creative integration across communications vehicles and channels.
- Work closely with CMO and Head of Growth Marketing on strategic plans and tactical workflows and roadmaps
- Apply new brand visual and messaging campaign identities to establish consistent look/tone/feel across multiple communications vehicles, with appropriate adaptation for various initiatives based on geographic, language, demographic, behavioral, cultural and lifestyle segmentation variations.
- Manage the workflow assigned to agencies and use creative judgment to control the quality of work produced by agencies, provide feedback to agencies when appropriate. Troubleshoot and resolves day-to-day issues or problems affecting quality and delivery of marketing, communications and advertising programs and make recommendations to internal stakeholders on resolution of agency issues.
- Support events -- both consumer-facing and trade/business-oriented -- from an overall planning and strategy perspective, working with appropriate stakeholders and vendors to make sure logistics and tactics align with broader marketing and business objectives.
- Drive product marketing and awareness through relevant channels as part of a broader cross-functional effort to meet acquisition and growth goals. Closely collaborate with and understand foundational capabilities, division of responsibilities and hand-offs, and overall roles within the larger organization of other teams - Engineering/Product Development, Finance, Operations and Customer Experience.
- 6+ years of experience in brand marketing, integrated communications, advertising, account management, public relations or media planning
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in both English and Spanish
- Strong understanding of Hispanic marketing segment in the United States, with strongly preferred knowledge of the consumer and media landscape in Mexico
- Ability to write copy for Mexican consumers with understanding of localized best practices, trends and other nuances
- Solid project management acumen with a history of delivering on-time high-caliber strategic plans, campaigns and assets and managing / collaborating within a cross-functional environment
- Data-driven and analytical mindset to assist with brand, consumer, market and competitive research and development of insights
- Experience with paid media, traditional media planning/buying, public relations, events/experiential activations and managing influencers/talent