WHO WE ARE
Each year, 2 billion people across the world are limited by physical pain. By helping people live without pain, they are free to do the things they love most with the people they love—and never miss a moment. This is what we do. We create and design new technologies to solve one of the biggest problems in healthcare: taking care of our Physical Health. Sword Health is the world’s fastest growing digital musculoskeletal (MSK) care provider on a bold mission to free two billion people from acute, chronic, and post-surgical physical pain. Our customers include some of the most progressive Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as over +1400 other established businesses across the world.
The Sword program allows members to complete a personalized physical therapy program from the comfort of home, with continued support and supervision from one of our talented Sword specialists. Sword’s personalized care is more effective than traditional standards of care, and has proven to deliver best-in-class clinical results. Since breaking into the market less than three years ago, Sword has worked with insurers, health systems, and employers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia to make high quality musculoskeletal care accessible to everyone.
This is an opportunity to join Sword during a time of hyper growth and expansion. After our recent $2bn valuation, we’re excited to continue accelerating our impact by scaling with high caliber people with passion, commitment and energy to create and deliver technologies, services and products that drive human progress forward.
We welcome you to join our mission, to make a difference on a grand scale and play a pivotal role with a global team at Sword– working alongside great people pioneering novel products and cutting edge technologies.
The Head of Legal, Commercial will be instrumental in keeping day-to-day operations and transactions moving quickly while protecting the company. We are looking for a business-minded attorney with experience negotiating contracts in the healthcare industry.
What You’ll Do:
- Structure, draft, negotiate, and review a broad range of commercial agreements, including services agreements, vendor agreements, statements of works, and partnership agreements in the healthcare space
- Provide rapid, practical, business-oriented legal/commercial contract advice directly to business stakeholders. Support business stakeholders in negotiating price, deliverables, services scope, warranty, and other commercial terms.
- Apply innovative problem-solving skills and practical business judgment
- Develop and implement innovative ways to scale commercial legal processes
- Handle ad-hoc projects across a spectrum of complex business, legal, and strategic issues
What You'll Bring:
- JD from an accredited school and current member in good standing with the state bar
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant in-house and/or law firm experience, ideally in-house at a digital healthcare company and experience managing teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated bias to thoughtful action with an eye to being a problem solver not a problem creator
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment, including handling a large number of projects with the ability to organize, prioritize, and remain collected under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team of experienced attorneys, with a passion for building processes at scale
- Ability to draft and close agreements independently. Demonstrated ability to think and decide quickly, and to communicate legal issues and solutions clearly and concisely
- Willingness to learn new subject matters quickly and drive projects from start to finish
- Solid foundation in negotiating complex contracts in digital healthcare space, and the ability to identify and solve for potential legal and business issues
US Sword Benefits:
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Free Digital Therapist for your family
Snacks and Beverages
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.