Are you a passionate attorney with a keen interest in the future of AI and its transformative role within the legal industry? Are you excited about the opportunity to pioneer this innovative frontier with one of the nation's leading legal tech firms?
Filevine is changing the way legal work gets done for law practitioners and their clients. As the leading legal operating system, Filevine is dedicated to empowering organizations with tools to simplify and elevate complex, high-stakes legal work. Powering everything from document and case management to timekeeping, billing and business analytics, over 3,400 law firms and legal teams use Filevine daily to deliver excellence.
2023 was a groundbreaking year for Filevine, as we launched a suite of AI-powered features that are transforming the legal industry.
- LeadsAI helps law firms evaluate cases faster, analyze client sentiment, identify potential problems, and predict case success.
- DemandsAI is an AI-driven demand letter generation solution that helps law firms prepare demand letters more quickly and accurately.
- ImmigrationAI streamlines the immigration process by automating tasks, reducing errors, and ensuring accuracy.
- AI Fields is a powerful tool that can enhance legal work by minimizing manual tasks, facilitating fact-checking, and quickly answering complex queries.
With these groundbreaking AI features, Filevine is empowering law firms and legal teams to deliver excellence to their clients with unprecedented speed and efficiency.
Filevine is revolutionizing the practice of law for legal professionals and their clients. As the premier legal work platform, Filevine is committed to equipping organizations with the tools they need to simplify and elevate complex, high-stakes legal work. From document management and client communication to contract lifecycle management and business analytics, over 65,000 legal experts rely on Filevine daily to deliver excellence in every aspect of their work.
Filevine is currently hiring a Head of Legal Drafting (AI) to spearhead our groundbreaking DemandsAI initiative. A first of its kind, this new tool manages secure data, all within Filevine, while minimizing the risks of human error and associated fees, keeping all client data secure within the platform. We are in search of an experienced attorney to spearhead our efforts in crafting effective demand letters. In this role, you will oversee the entire drafting process, producing precise and comprehensive legal documents that align with our company's objectives and propel DemandsAI to new heights.
This position will report to the CEO.
- Manage the entire process of drafting and templatizing demand letters and related legal documents
- Set and maintain standards for customer legal drafting across the organization
- Collaborate with in-house counsel and business teams to understand case facts and requirements
- Develop legal drafting schedules, budgets, and resource plans
- Provide quality control; ensure legal drafts meet standards and comply with regulations
- Track progress, productivity, and quality of legal drafting deliverables
- Stay current on regulations, case law, and trends impacting legal drafting
- Assume responsibilities as a manager to individual contributors dedicated to legal drafting if the budget allows for additional headcount
- Work closely with the product team to provide feedback and share insights that will assist with feature development
- Manage the beta process for new legal drafting services offered by Filevine and its partners
- Engage in training and quality assurance efforts with Filevine service partners
- Lead the creation of training and marketing materials related to drafting services
- Expert-level writing and legal drafting experience
- Assertive communicator that can provide recommendations and instill confidence
- Exceptional curiosity and creative thinking abilities
- Quick learner of new technologies, self-motivated
- The driver of change for more impactful solutions and customer outcomes at a fast-growing company
- Ability to lead critical conversations with internal stakeholders, customers, and prospects
- Organized, detailed oriented, and timeline driven
- Project Management Skills, including proficiency in Excel
- Ability to understand the technical navigation of Filevine products (experience using Filevine products preferred)
- Onsite and in-office position (Monday-Friday 8:00 am- 5:00 pm) while assuming an on-call posture during weekends and evenings
- Ability to travel as needed
- Minimum of two years experience working for a law firm as an associate attorney
Cool Company Benefits:
- A dynamic, rapidly growing company, focused on helping organizations thrive
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Competitive & Fair Pay
- Maternity & paternity leave
- Short & long-term disability
- Ergonomic and height-adjustable workstations for onsite employees
- Opportunity to learn from a dedicated leadership team
- Weekly Taco Lunches in the summer for onsite employees
- Centrally located open office building in Sugar House
- Flexible hybrid work schedules depending on the department with some departments offering fully remote positions in the United States (R&D)
- Top-of-the-line company swag