Founded in Australia in 2014, Petal & Pup is a lifestyle ecommerce business with an emphasis on creating the best possible customer experience. We were obsessed with how our ‘shop front’ looks and are committed to ensuring our customers have a wide selection of all the latest and greatest styles to choose from.
Today, we operate our headquarters office and global distribution center in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, and our US expansion office in West Hollywood, CA. As part of our global expansion, we are looking for top performers and ecommerce experts to join our team! Come help us grow the Petal & Pup brand around the world! We only want the best and believe in maintaining a strong company culture and staying true to our values, including:
> We're all about style.
> We're mindful.
> We're egalitarians.
> We love our customers.
> What would Tiff do? (BTW, Tiff is our Founder & Creative Director)
If this sounds like the type of opportunity and company that you would love to work with, what are you waiting for? We can't wait to meet you!
We are experiencing a continued period of rapid growth. To help fuel this growth we have an exciting new opportunity available for an experienced and highly analytical Head of Merchandise Planning & Replenishment. This position is based in San Francisco, CA, but may work remotely to start.
Our Head of Merchandise Planning and Replenishment is a hybrid role that is responsible for working with our Vice President, Head of Merchandising to help develop the open-to-buy (OTB) for both new and repeat styles in addition to writing purchase orders (PO's) to reorder popular styles based on both financial and operational metrics (i.e., weeks of cover, gross margin, markdown, category penetration). This role is highly collaborative in nature and must be able to flex their style and process to accommodate variations in the business and multiple personality types. Additionally, the position is responsible for working with our Finance team to analyze sell-through of products and make data-informed decisions to purchase replenishment of qualifying styles in volume while adhering to department sales targets & OTB to achieve turnover company-wide. To be successful in this role you must be inventory obsessed, capable of rolling up your sleeves to dig into the numbers, and savvy enough to present data-based solutions to solve merchandising challenges.
What You'll Be Responsible For:
- Build & lead open-to-buy (OTB) infrastructure & plans, ensuring that the plan reconciles with the financial plan developed by the Finance team.
- Build & own the weekly merchandise reorder process to optimize inventory turn & instocks.
- Ensure retail and inventory targets are used to drive supply planning and decision making across the business.
- Responsible for OTB inventory management, review of sell-thru and identifying the opportunities for reorders and mitigating out of stock risks.
- Perform analysis on seasons’ financial and assortment performance and work with Merchandise VP on next seasons’ inventory plans & strategies.
- Assist VP of Merchandising in setting team department goals for revenue, gross margin, inventory, and style/color productivity that meet overall assigned channel/regional financial metrics.
- Determine and recognize in season process and opportunities.
- Be an efficient influencer who is intelligent with numbers, organized, proactive, a true team player and able to work under pressure.
- Drive in-season management through weekly recap and analysis of best and slow sellers versus plan and last year and making recommendations to capitalize on opportunities or mitigate risk.
- Provide insights and recommendations to key stakeholders including Merchandising, Marketing, and Finance.
- Work with our marketing team to link financial results to daily and weekly performance, along with delivering promotions and markdown management best practices.
- Propose and manage the ongoing markdown and clearance process to maximize merchandise margin and operating efficiency.
- Review receipt flows and aged inventory to ensure company has the right inventory to maximize sales.
- Partner with our technology team and finance team to deliver custom reporting and business reporting.
Experience & Education Requirements:
- Six-plus (6+) years of Planning experience, with some time in an eCommerce or DTC businesses.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; additional relevant work experience can be substituted for an earned degree.
- Well versed in Microsoft Excel (can perform complex functions) and open to new systems.
- Understand retail math, merchandising financials and profitability KPIs.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret meaningful themes from quantitative data.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and quality control.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous and fast paced environments.
- Data-driven decision-making mentality, sound business judgment, and the ability to back your recommendations up with meaningful analytical thinking.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and reorder workload in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to make sound independent decisions.
- Ability to work with little supervision, check ego at the door, and work well with others at all levels in the organization.
We offer a package that can only be described as best in class within the ecommerce space today!
· Amazing Employee Discount Program (50%)
· Breakfast & Snacks Daily + All the Coffee, Tea, Water, & Soda You Can Drink
· Company Sponsored Medical (HMO & PPO Options), Dental, & Vision Plans
· Company Paid Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, & Employee Assistance Plans
· 401(k) Program (100% Match Up to 5% of Pay)
· Individual & Team Based Leadership Development Programs
· Positive Company Culture that Celebrates both Personal & Company Milestones
· 15 Vacation Days + 5 Sick Days + 10 Holidays
Aside from the amazing array of tangible benefits and perks, Petal & Pup offers you the chance to make a daily impact on a global business. You have the opportunity to pursue your passion and plan your own future as part of our team! What are you waiting for?
#Petal&Pup #Petal&PupCareers #ExcelerateBrands #ExcelerateYourCareer
Petal & Pup USA, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We're committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applicants from all walks of life. Come join us, different makes us better.
If you need assistance or accommodation during the hiring process due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. Please note that we do not respond to application inquiries or resume submissions via this email address.
Principals Only - No Agencies Please. PM19