We are seeking a seasoned business development executive to join our team to head up our new business development (NBD) partnership efforts. This role will work closely with our product leadership to identify partnerships that will help accelerate our product adoption, add-to or enhance our product features, and expand Discord growth into new global markets. You will be responsible for structuring deals that are generally the ‘first of its kind’.
Your entrepreneurial deal making efforts will provide us opportunities for new learnings and insights. This leadership opportunity is well suited for someone who is passionate about new technologies, exceptionally curious, enjoys thinking about new use cases and thrives on figuring out the ‘art of the possible’.
What you'll be doing
- Partnering with our product team to deeply understand Discord user needs and new partnerships that we can develop to serve those needs
- Evaluating new technologies that align with or complement our product strategy and proactively bringing new opportunities to internal stakeholders for consideration
- Articulate and refine Discord value proposition to secure partner commitments to enter into mutually beneficial, sustainable relationships
- Develop forecasts and models to measure the value and impact of potential partnerships
- Lead the full life-cycle of partnership execution from initial partner engagement through deal structure, close and onboarding
- Work with internal cross-functional teams, including finance, marketing, operations, legal and product to ensure partner success and drive important KPIs
- Mentor, motivate and develop team of business development professionals
What you should have
- 15+ years of proven experience in business development and partnerships experience
- Proven track record of being able to structure complex partnerships that support new product launches, including early experiments and international product expansion
- Strong product familiarity with Discord
- Strong professional reputation for being a trusted partner
- Knowledge of digital media and tech trends and an informed perspective on consumer applications of such trends
- Exceptional communications skills (verbal and written) with the ability to inspire and engage C-level executives
- Experience leading motivated teams and structuring complex partnerships
- Desire to work in a dynamic start-up environment which requires the ability to pivot quickly, multi-task and ruthlessly prioritization of projects and resources
- International partnership experience is a plus
- Team player with a sense of humor, humility & empathy
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays + 4 weeks PTO
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.