Come be a part of the future of Clean Cosmetics!
Clean Beauty Collaborative is leading the way. Model turned businesswoman, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and clean beauty pioneer, Amyris, have teamed up under the Rose Inc brand to create cosmetic and skincare products that are effective, sustainable and safe. Our pillars of Innovation, Simplicity and Trust apply across everything we do and we expect to launch on Q3 2021. We use biotechnology to create sustainable, safe ingredients, formulate simple yet efficacious formulations without the use of over 2,000 harmful ingredients, design packaging to the highest standards of sustainability while having a modern and elegant esthetic, act with transparency and ethics.
Join a pioneering, high energy start-up on a mission: to be the most trusted resource in clean, safe and sustainable non-comedogenic beauty.
Clean Beauty Collaborative Inc is seeking a Head of New Product Development and Product Marketing to manage the Rose Inc product line, to define and optimize the product mix in order to maximize sales. This position explores and pursues innovation in new products and drives Brand-aligned development based on market analysis, competition and trends.
- Deliver go-to-market innovation including development of a comprehensive plan with new product concepts and forecasting (done with Sales team) that justifies the project and investment.
- Develop and publish a 24-month rolling product development calendar and manage the execution of plans for new product introductions.
- Continually enhance the front-end process and conduct effective research to uncover insights to drive development of new concepts, packaging, rapid prototyping and innovative product attributes
- For new products:
- Propose new products and concepts
- Develop and articulate unique and differentiated product positioning product features based on customer feedback, industry trends and research.
- Create product pitch for the sales teams and senior management.
- Prepare product marketing briefs that include the product features, definition, price, promotion, formulas and packaging.
- Initiate and manage promotional kit strategy and development, including
- Develop marketing collateral and copy for the product itself, the website, and press kit
- Lead consumer testing
- Train education and sales teams
- Champion the product line, both internally and externally, including attendance at trade shows and conferences.
- Create and monitor Creative Briefs for all new products and redesign
- Responsible for both current product optimization as well as new product development
- Initiate all steps involved with new product launches including conceptualizing ideas, picking prototypes, evaluating submissions, giving direction to Product Development, Packaging and Creative, develop and monitor Creative Briefs, design and track projects on a day to day basis.
•MBA in Business or Marketing required.
•7+ years minimum of product management experience in cosmetics, including skincare
•3+ years minimum experience and demonstrated abilities in developing new skincare products
•Experience in creating and applying new product processes (opportunity, concept, timeline, development, commercialization, launch) and product improvement
•Experience in managing budgets.
•Ability to motivate and influence cross-functional teams and stakeholders across the organization to execute projects/programs.
•Ability to combine consumer insight understanding, an aptitude for strategic thinking and creative problem solving in a fluid environment.
•Strong ability to analyze multiple and often disconnected data sources (consumer trends and insights) and draw meaningful conclusions.
•Expert level interpersonal and communication skills.
•Strong team player with solid sense of ownership and accountability.
•Energetic, self-motivated, and the ability to act with a sense of urgency, intensity and integrity.
•Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and syndicated data.
•Strong knowledge of the skincare market, globally, and with a focus on the US.
•Adaptability is required as we are a small organization; job scope evolves as business needs evolve.
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills
•Must be able to work quickly, take initiative, track the status of items, and be resourceful while working independently
•Ability to travel 20% of the time.
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at [email protected]
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.