Head of Operational Excellence
Based Warrington, Cheshire
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide. With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Operations is at the heart of our customers’ experience here at THG. We manufacture a wide range of sports nutrition and cosmetic consumer goods that we then despatch to our customers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative Manufacturing and Distribution Centres.
- Support continuous improvement teams to deliver defined improvement plans and projects.
- Work cross functionally to develop or enhance reporting and early escalation of potential risks
- Manage root cause analysis, corrective actions and sharing of best practice across all appropriate areas of the operations function
- Drive regular reviews of operational processes with departmental owners
- Develop reporting for high potential improvement opportunities
- Develop core processes to improve business & operational efficiencies deliver growth and scalability (Internationally)
- Develop teams in continuous improvement, raising quality and driving efficiencies
- Support culture of CI initiatives including Lean, 5S’s
You will also be required to
Lead teams and co-ordinate, prioritise, implement and monitor activity across all fulfilment operations with stakeholders for the following activities:
- Process development (technology)
- Engineering (Physical)
- Resource Planning
- Supply Chain Excellence
- Control Room / Flow
To be considered for this role, located in Warrington Cheshire, you will need to have:
- Demonstrable large-scale WMS experience within a warehousing and logistics / FMCG or manufacturing environment.
- Analytical ability to structure and solve problems, including diagnostic and trouble shooting skills
- Excel at using metrics, monitoring and alarming to measure and improve the operational processes and performance.
- Good commercial acumen and ability to accurately forecast, produce and cost control budgets
- Motivational leadership, interpersonal relationship skills and the ability to lead, coach and develop team at senior levels
- If you also have prior experience in in-house development of Warehouse Management Systems/WCS/MFC and integration this would be a distinct advantage
- Experience with Agile methodologies and / SCADA/BMS management experience / Experience with automated material handling equipment would also be beneficial.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills and a team player
- Ability to keep calm under pressure, deal with conflicting priorities or ambiguity and good problem- solving skills
You will also need to be flexible and adaptable, comfortable working in a high pressure fast-paced and exciting environment.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Company pension scheme