If you don't scare away from 20 large events on 4 continents in the same week, then this is your opportunity. Join us as Head of Operations!
We are looking for an experienced operations leader to join our team and lead our event delivery operation. You will implement the overall operational delivery project plan and will be responsible for leading the delivery of Glownet events, with meticulous project planning required to ensure the ‘event’ readiness, including operating and functionality set-up and overall event logistics.You will manage and oversee the deployment of our technology at all events contracted to Glownet across the territory, whilst leading a team of experienced and dedicated delivery, project and support managers.
Reporting to the COO you will lead the delivery team as well as work in tandem with the full commercial team and key stakeholders within Glownet to play an integral role in supporting our growth strategy and plans. As market leaders, our platform has been deployed at over 650 live events in 38 countries and has been thoroughly tested. We work with industry leaders like Ultra, Eventbrite, Stubhub & Live Nation and have a leading and growing presence in Europe, US, Asia, Africa and Australasia.
- Ensuring the successful delivery of all Glownet contracted events within the territory;
- Signing off the overall project plan for each contracted event;
- Managing the team and overseeing all the technical & operational requirements of the event;
- To aim to identify and prevent any issues of a personnel, technical, operational or supply nature that could negatively impact the delivery;
- For permanent solutions where our technology will be deployed, the Head of Operations will be required to implement a staffing structure to provide suitable ongoing support and expertise as required;
- Agreeing the resource plan for each contracted event to meet the required staffing ratio and to maintain the required customer service levels and support in line with the agreed budget;
- Take ultimate responsibility for all event based complaints so they are handled in a timely and appropriate manner; and
- Assist the Head of Account Management in conducting a post event analysis for future learnings and delivery.
- Full day-to-day interaction with Glownet’s Chief Technology Officer and Product team in Madrid to ensure the smooth deployment and testing of all product technology leading to a successful activation;
- Understand and contribute to the overall business objectives and goals of Glownet as communicated by the CCO and CEO and as approved by the Board of Directors;
- Provide proactive input in all areas of developmental activities, highlighting potential problems or resource issues;
- To be an active & responsible team player and leader within Glownet.
- Strong project planning and execution skills with a proven project delivery background;
- Background in an event / RFID industry with direct exposure and responsibility for event management in the European market;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Innovative problem solving skills;
- Strong decision making skills ;
- Strong understanding of technology, payments systems & transactions processing;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Comprehension of technical information as well as the ability to articulate that information back to others;
- Excellent interpersonal and client relationship management skills required for a technology event event based industry;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure with a diplomatic approach and customer service focus;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to achieve goals with minimal management guidance;
- Collaboration & teamwork; and
- Can do attitude - willing to go above and beyond the cause to get the job done!
- Bachelor degree level
- 10+ years’ experience in an event delivery based project management role
- Fluency in English (2nd European language an advantage)
- Attractive base salary with a significant bonus opportunity based on KPIs
- Company Option Scheme
- You will be selling a new disruptive technology solution that already revolutionised the live events space
- Forming strategic partnerships with events stakeholders such as ticketing companies, operations organisations and sponsors
- Close collaboration with our Product teams on building an amazing product for the future.
- A diverse, energetic and fun environment
- A true international growth environment; from USA, Singapore and Australia to Amsterdam, Madrid and London.