Love leveraging data, trends, and information to design how to help folks do the best work of their lives? We’re seeking a thoughtful leader to build Gusto’s People Insights team. Initially, this individual will set the vision for People Insights at Gusto in how we approach new strategic initiatives, leverage analytics and design thoughtful compensation, and then execute on that plan! In the longer-term, this individual will scale the Insights team.
More broadly, the People team at Gusto focuses on developing a positive employee experience that enables people to do the best work of their lives. We aspire to craft an environment that inspires and enables Gusto to go beyond what is thought possible. We think holistically and are encouraged by a supportive leadership team. You’ll be a true leader in the organization with a high level of responsibility.
The position is full-time and based in San Francisco.
Analytics: Measure and track effectiveness of People team efforts to build an inclusive, holistic employee experience
- Define and evolve key talent and culture metrics
- Establish a framework to compare the impact of People policies and practices (internal and external) and optimize how we invest in programs.
- Collaborate with the Data & Analytics team to build out initial People team dashboards, and lay out a path toward predictive analytics
- Help others understand the importance and impact of People metrics
- Compensation: Manage and evolve our approach to compensation across cash and equity
- Use a design-centered approach to craft the holistic employee experience of the future
- Partner with the People team and Gusties to periodically chart the employee experience end-to-end and identify areas for improving consistency and delight
- Test and iterate on unique approaches and programs to improve the Gustie experience
- Be a strategic thought partner for People
- Proactively identify and pilot new initiatives to optimize the impact of the People team
- Drive special projects in partnership with various stakeholders across the People Team and Gusto
- You live for effective execution, balancing analysis with action.
- Evangelize the People team’s data-informed approach and impact
- Help others understand the importance and impact of People metrics, and how to think through practices to involve this
You’re probably a good fit if...
- You have 10+ years of experience focused largely in analytical or strategic roles and 3+ years leading teams. Experience in finance, business operations or strategy consulting with a focus on technology, analytics, and People issues is highly desirable.
- The mission of Gusto inspires you like nothing has moved you before
You love telling stories with data
- You are respected for being a hard-working, thoughtful, smart, humble individual who knows how to build effective cross-functional relationships and execute quickly
- Leading multiple complex operational and strategic initiatives in an entrepreneurial environment excites you, and is something you have proven experience doing effectively
- You love fast-paced, get-stuff-done environments that complement your ability to prioritize
You are known for superb verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- You measure your team’s impact based on the adoption of best practices and measurable changes
Bonus points for:
- Experience in tech, or a fast-paced growing company
- An MBA or graduate degree in a management, technical, or analytical field
- Understanding of compensation
- Experience with A/B testing and experiment design
- Experience with SQL and Tableau
Gusto offers payroll, benefits, and workers’ compensation to small businesses across the United States, from bike shops in Virginia to tech startups in San Francisco. Our investors include top venture capital firms like Google Capital and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, plus the founders of Instagram, Stripe, and more. To learn more about our values, benefits, and life at Gusto, visit gusto.com/careers.