Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct supervision to the procurement team, including development of individual roles and responsibilities, definition of tasks, development and documentation of professional development plans, and conducting performance appraisals with supervises.
- Proposes, negotiates and ensures the appropriate Procurement Services Levels to the business within the country including cost/benefits objective.
- Leads initiatives pursing optimization of the Total Cost of Ownership, establishing plans, directions and controls.
- Prepare tender documents, undertake tender evaluations, placements and management of contracts.
- Ensure all purchase orders are raised in compliance with DCZL policies and ensuring that all applicable requirements are followed and all approvals and documentation are in place.
- Maintain auditable records for all procured items which include all supporting documentation: PRs, POs, bid evaluations with memorandum of negotiations, purchase orders, invoices and proof of delivery.
- Acts as a focal point of interaction for all areas concerning procurement.
- Train staff on and reinforce procurement policies and procedures, ensuring that staff develop the capacity to follow all applicable procurement rules correctly.
- Following verification of satisfactory receipt of goods or services, submit timely and complete payment documentation to DCZL Finance staff.
- A minimum of a Degree in Business Management, Purchasing & Supply, Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 15 years of job related experience.
- Must have CIPS qualification.
- Must be a paid up Member of Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite/SAP Applications.
- Grade 12 Certificate
Medical Insurance Cover
In-House Pension Scheme
Quarterly Production Bonus