This high profile role will be managing a team of 2 - 4 direct reports, reporting to our Deputy CFO. The successful candidate will set, implement and drive a business-wide procurement policy working with the wider procurement teams to drive compliance, effective performance measurement and an appropriate risk management approach. Achieve value for the business by identifying opportunities in corporate purchasing and continuously improving our processes and tools. Oversee indirect procurement for the Group Operations area.
What you will be doing?
- Leading the development of the overarching guiding principles for procurement including: governance, compliance, policies, templates and common (where appropriate) processes to create an Ocado Procurement Way of Working across the business driving compliance and optimising value for the business
- Define, implement and govern a consistent sourcing risk management framework and process aligned to our risk, compliance and CSR strategies and represent Procurement at the Risk Committee
- Build and then lead the team to provide data analytics and reporting expertise; work with Compliance to help identify and manage non compliance to process and contracting; and manage Procurement performance measurements across the functions
- Coordinate the definition of shared internal and third party performance management and effectiveness KPIs and measurements and support the reporting on them working closely with the the relevant procurement teams to drive best outcomes for the business
- Manage the procurement community of practice across Ocado group to share best practice and leverage opportunities
- Act as a global owner for Procurement for Process, System and Data coordinating across the different procurement teams driving continuous improvement and alignment with wider business processes
- Lead their team to define and execute the central corporate purchasing strategy for the Ocado Group from forecasting, sourcing, negotiation through contracting and supplier relationship management
- Manage to overall procurement category structure
- Establish and implement methods, processes and reporting to identify cross functional opportunities achieving better procurement value for the business
- Contribute to the development of Procurement Strategies for the wider group
- Proven track record as a senior Procurement professional translating business strategy into procurement plans, processes and policies - experience in Tech / Engineering industries on a global scale is beneficial
- Experience of leading a procurement function and understanding of supply chain processes
- In depth understanding of relevant regulator environment
- Process improvement experience with a proven track record
- Building and developing a high performing team
- Experience in implementing best practice procurement policies, processes and systems
- Experience developing and landing category, contract and supplier management approaches
- Understanding of the industry (tech and engineering) and supplier market and global / international procurement supply chain
- Professional qualification (MCIPS)
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...