Gusto is seeking an innovative leader to empower our Product Marketing team. As part of Gusto’s Marketing leadership team, you’ll drive the go-to-market strategy and spearhead the launch of new products and updates to existing products.
You and your team will positively change the way small businesses and their employees utilize payroll, benefits, compliance, and HR features. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to creatively craft and communicate Gusto’s unique value proposition to different audiences and grow our user base. If you are a strategic customer advocate who naturally puts yourself in the shoes of customers and thinks deeply about how to improve their experience, we would love to hear from you!
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead, mentor, and empower the Product Marketing team
- Identify the ideal customer profiles and verticals for Gusto through qualitative and quantitative customer research
- Develop deep expertise and insights about our customers and the HR space through analysis and research and use these insights to shape our product adoption and acquisition strategy
- Be a strategic partner to the sales organization, helping define and communicate our value proposition and competitive positioning to prospective customers
- Be the trusted voice of the customer internally by gathering and surfacing insights that shape our strategy and product development roadmap
- Review competitive offerings to drive ongoing differentiation and inform product development efforts
- Create best-in-class customer stories that be be leveraged by sales and on our website
- Utilize your analytical chops to craft measurable, manageable marketing programs with the content you produce
- Craft and iterate outbound messaging, website content and sales enablement assets that are both differentiated and resonate with our ideal customers
- Drive internal product education and external-facing product help content
- Drive pricing and packaging decisions across all Gusto products and features
- Partner cross-functionally with Product, Sales, Marketing and PR to launch new products
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- An experienced marketer of disruptive products in a hyper-growth, startup environment
- An expert with 8+ years of product marketing experience who can understand complex product UI, flows and process (not afraid to roll up sleeves and get familiar with the product details)
- Prior experience leading and empowering a scaling team
- An influencer that can work well with various groups and levels of the organization
- Strong quantitative analytical abilities
- A pro at writing simple, to-the-point content that resonates with your audience
- BA/BS degree from a great university (Masters degree is a plus)
Gusto offers payroll, benefits, and workers’ compensation to small businesses across the United States, from bike shops in Virginia to tech startups in San Francisco. Our investors include top venture capital firms like Google Capital and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, plus the founders of Instagram, Stripe, and more. To learn more about our values, benefits, and life at Gusto, visit gusto.com/careers.