We built Harry’s with one simple belief: everyone deserves a great shave at a fair price. As such, we seek to provide our own brand of exceptional shaving products direct to our customers online (www.harrys.com). We launched in March 2013 and have been blown away by the customer response since then. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online.
About the Team
At Harry’s, the Research & Development brings new products to life. We are responsible for designing, developing, and ultimately manufacturing the products that you see on harrys.com today. It is incredibly complex to create a high quality razor, and to do so in a way that keeps costs low for customers. That's why we are building a high quality team here in New York and at the Harry's factory in Germany.
About the Role
As our Head of Production Engineering you will be responsible for designing, developing, and ultimately manufacturing market driven products in a fast paced collaborative environment. In this role you will bring extensive knowledge to the team in common manufacturing processes including die casting, injection molding, wielding and assembly. You will work with the team to drive the next iteration of products at Harry's.
Here's what you'll do:
- Lead the Production Engineering team.
- Define, design, optimize and implement innovative state-of-the-art processes as well as cost effective systems for blade manufacturing, multicomponent injection molding, grinding, breaking, heat treatment, stamping, packaging, robotics, and assembly.
- Handover to colleagues from production when product goes into mass production.
- Review and approve technical documentations.
- Provide strong technical leadership and program management to automation, injection molds, stamping dies, stamping machines, heat treatment, grinding machine, breaking machine, surface treatment equipment suppliers.
- Identify and optimize process parameters for blade manufacturing, injection molding and stamping,
- Visit customer sites. Identify and analyze opportunities for process installation with an eye towards facility modifications and equipment installation.
- Equipment development, proof of principle, specification, RFQ, testing / qualification, training and startup.
- Project schedule development and project management of critical path elements to ensure on time and on budget delivery.
These might describe you:
(Characteristics/Traits we are looking for)
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience working for companies with high volume consumer product or medical equipment manufacturing.
- Master / Bachelor or Certified engineer in Mechanical engineering or Mechatronics with a specialization in Process Engineering / Electro mechanics.
- Proven track records in Process Engineering and leading a team for high volume production.
- Expert in Program Management.
- Understands plastics, metals and automation design.
- Proactive doer, who enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to solve complex process engineering challenges.
- Knowledge of 3D CAD program (SolidWorks) or other 3D CAD systems.
- Understands Quality Planning.
- Capable of working in small global teams with limited resources.
- Written and spoken English
Here is who’ll you work with:
- Directly report to the VP, Engineering
- The R&D team in NY, Germany, and China
- Work with Supply Chain team to identify, select, and manage vendors as needed; balancing cost vs. system performance.
- The Harry's team at large to build an exceptional business that delivers great products