Who are we?
We hire those that seek to innovate across people, process and technology. Join our global workforce, visualise the future and strive for success. Our engineering campus and corporate offices in the UK and US are optimal environments for ideas and innovation to flourish.
ALL.SPACE, formerly Isotropic Systems, has developed the 5th generation smart terminal, capable of linking with all satellites, all networks, in all orbits, all at once. Our ground-breaking software-defined service enablement platform integrates intelligent routing, edge computing and on-demand services to deliver unprecedented network resilience and application performance. Whether you're on land, sea or air, we ensure that you stay connected.
Visit www.all.space to learn more.
The successful candidate is responsible for ensuring the objectives of a product line within the business are realised through excellence in project execution across all areas of engagement, both internal and external. This, but also the customer deliverables.
This will include execution of the main programme and variants against the product line, company infrastructure projects associated with these deliverables, customer engagements and external funding activities. Ensure that programmes that are delivered within budget and on schedule.
Program responsibilities include working closely with functional heads in sales, product management and engineering, to build accurate program schedules, leading program teams to achieve clearly defined business goals, anticipating delays whilst developing mitigation strategies and managing resource capacity and demand trades.
The post holder will have the responsibility of coordinating closely with cross functional stakeholders to ensure scope, schedule, risk mitigation and project cost are consistently and holistically communicated across the organisation in an automated and transparent manner, including the translation of project status into executive dashboards. This includes the development of appropriate software tools, procedures and processes that self-manage the group’s activities in a formal framework.
Whilst building a world-class program management organisation that dovetails into the overall company objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with the senior management team, key stakeholders, and functional heads to build execution plans that align with the corporate goals.
- Continually manage multi-project dependencies across complete product line for which you are responsible.
- Manage functional heads and/or project leads to deliver results that ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Lead the cross-company integration of plans and resources for new product development or business programs. Lead discussions on scenario planning and assessment of organisational readiness and capacity.
- Translate project status, risks, opportunities and issues into reliable and regular reporting for the product line, including comprehensive executive dashboards.
- Working with other heads of programmes build out a consistent way of working
- Manage project scope and deliverables through a structured change management process to ensure customer expectations are met whilst protecting corporate objectives.
- Manage change control through planning and robust communication as requirements and priorities shift.
- Identify risk factors and escalate in advance. Lead cross-functional efforts to mitigate risk, develop contingency plans, or adjust project scope, resources, or timelines as needed. Negotiate with and/or influence senior management to resolve program or project level challenges.
- Determine cost, performance and schedule metrics for inclusion in project business cases in order to demonstrate the expected business benefits. Facilitate project approvals before project work commences.
- Track progress and provide updates to the project team. Act as the single point of contact responsible for product line program schedule, cost, risks and scope. Assess actual performance against the project plan and make adjustments consistent with plan and business objectives.
- Working with other heads of programme support the organisation as it matures to create a program management organisation suited to the current status as a pre-revenue start-up building to a fully-fledged product organisation.
- Using project management methodologies, standards, associated tools, deliverables, communication plans, and operational cadence necessary to ensure consistent project execution. Solicit and provide feedback on the effectiveness of the tools and implement continuous improvements.
- Manage and lead the programme team for the product line across multiple sites.
- Support the recruitment and performance of staff members as assigned. Motivate employees, assist in goal setting, provide development opportunities and performance feedback, address complaints and resolve problems. Leverage personal expertise as well as project leadership to coach and mentor project team members as needed.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Program/Project Management with relevant product development experience or Bachelor's degree in a relevant scientific field (EE or ME preferred) with higher Program/Project management degree or professional body certification and experience.
- 10+ years of directly relevant experience managing multiple programs simultaneously, sometimes across multiple sites.
- 6 years of product development experience, preferably for wireless/satellite communications products across enterprise and government markets. Experience with all phases of product development from concept to prototype to volume manufacture to market introduction.
- Experience with EVT, DVT and PVT product development lifecycle (or similar).
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills and experience in successfully leading projects / programs. Ability to independently manage and lead all facets of a program, from program strategy to execution and governance, with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all levels of employees in a team-oriented environment, including executive reporting.
- Effective communication and strong presentation skills. Able to deal with all employees across the organisation, customers, and suppliers. Able to disseminate complex data to the executive team.
- PMP, APM, PMI (or similar) certification.
- Ability to negotiate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively present information in team meetings and design reviews as needed.
- A good understanding of the operation and product development expectations for satellite communications products.
- Generous stock options
- Annual bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- Public holidays
- Travel to work schemes
- Fruit, snacks & drinks
- Discounts platform
- Well-being centre