We’re looking for a Global Revenue Accounting Lead to lead our global revenue accounting functions and build a strong team. You will partner closely with Revenue Operations, Deal Desk, Business Technology, FP&A, Legal, External Reporting, Sales and other teams across the company to influence & drive results for a wide array of business initiatives. You will oversee revenue recognition, deal review, order management, billing and reporting. In addition, you'll maintain world-wide revenue accounting policies and procedures.
You will be joining a world class finance team that tracks and seeks to understand the factors driving our growth and success. We help our entire organization achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. We ensure our objectives are feasible and that work closely with all teams to ensure they have the resources they need to achieve our ambitious mission enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. This role will be based in our San Francisco office.
What you’ll achieve :
- Serve as the finance organization’s subject matter expert on revenue accounting and engage with the business to provide revenue recognition compliant solutions, including contract reviews, non-standard sales deals, etc. Own and maintain the Company’s revenue recognition policy.
- Collaborate proactively with the global sales organization, deal desk and legal department to ensure revenue transactions are recorded in accordance with the company's revenue recognition policies. Prepare and maintain the company’s SSP Analysis.
- Identify, design and propose ways to make the order-to-cash and revenue accounting processes more efficient on a global basis.
- Develop and maintain internal controls for revenue recognition, and lead continuous review and improvement of revenue systems and business processes.
- Oversee a global team in preparation and maintenance of accounting records, monthly accounting close activities and accounting variance analysis.
- Ensure that our accounting records are closed timely and accurately in compliance with our accounting policies, and that our accounting records contain the information necessary to meet our external reporting requirements.
- Provide counsel to your team members and other cross functional teams on how to apply revenue recognition guidelines for SaaS and Professional Service offerings that are sold directly or through partners and resellers.
- Develop and enhance processes and controls around revenue related financial metrics that are disclosed in periodically published documents.
- Manage quarterly and annual audits effectively with external auditors.
- Partner with Product management on roadmap creation and review.
- Partner with business technology, engineering and key business owners to drive key system initiatives and improvements, including revaluation of revenue recognition engine.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA
- 12+ years years of progressive experience within the finance operations and accounting organization; preferably within a high-growth environment; multi-national experience with at least $100m in annual revenues required.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of U.S. GAAP revenue recognition rules, specifically ASC 606
- A deep understanding of the revenue accounting in SAAS company preferable
- Maintains high performance standards; passion for excellence and continuous improvement
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Netsuite, Zuora and Salesforce CPQ a plus. Experience with systems implementations a plus.
- Experience with a Big-4 or equivalent national accounting firm is highly desirable.
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent time and project management skills and can coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a high-paced business culture..
- Excellent communication, collaboration and presentation skills.
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.