Lendable Capital is the alternative credit investment arm of leading UK fintech Lendable with over £500m in AuM through its own credit fund and separately managed accounts (“SMAs”). Lendable Capital plays a key strategic role in ensuring that Lendable is fully and efficiently funded but is now also building out an investment platform seeking alternative investment angles across non-bank lenders, fintech and speciality finance.
Lendable Credit Opportunities I was launched in 2019 with an investment strategy of investing in Lendable consumer loans and more widely across speciality financing opportunities in Europe. Following the success of this launch Lendable is now looking to launch a special opportunities fund and follow with Lendable Credit Opportunities-II.
As Lendable Capital builds out its SMAs and managed fund structures it is looking to make an exciting hire of Head of Origination and Structuring. This exciting role will see the successful individual sitting on the investment committees of the various funds and being responsible for sourcing and structuring external investment opportunities.
Experience and relationships in Speciality Finance will be considered key for this role.
- Lead in originating, evaluating and structuring and executing new investment opportunities for the Lendable credit fund and special opportunities fund
- Lead investment committee discussions on external investment opportunities
- Senior market facing ambassador for the Lendable asset management business
- Assessment and execution of strategy initiatives and corporate development projects as we grow Lendable Capital’s alternative investment platform
- Manage relationships with key intermediaries in the European structured credit market (investment banks, law firms, advisors, brokers, rating agencies and service providers)
What we're looking for:
- Significant experience in a credit fund, structured finance, investment banking, a rating agency or an issuer
- Strong modelling skills; including experience in modelling loan portfolios and structured finance transactions
- Experience in managing complex transactions or processes with multiple stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a close attention to detail
- Excited about opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment and have a real impact on the business
We try our best to get things moving quickly. Due to COVID all interviews will be done remotely. For this role we’d expect:
- A quick phone call with one team member
- Video Interview
- Case study
- Meet the team you’ll work with daily
- Meet some of the exec team
What you’ll get:
- The opportunity to build a new and improved financial institution from scratch!
- A best in class compensation package
- Cycle to Work scheme
- An open and honest culture with flat hierarchy
- Personal development and learning time
- A multi-cultural team made up of dozens of different nationalities and backgrounds
- A unique office - one of the largest lofts in Shoreditch - with a fully stocked fridge and kitchen (we hope to be back there soon!)
- We're an equal opportunity employer and are looking to make Lendable one of the most inclusive and open workspaces in London