Discover our galaxy 🪐
Since 2013, when Malt was founded by Vincent Huguet and Hugo Lassiège, we have become Europe’s fastest-growing freelance marketplace.
By acquiring Comatch (the Berlin-based leading marketplace for top freelance management consultants and industry experts) in 2022, we’re now home to a dynamic community of 550k+ freelancers
, 70k+ companies, and 700+ Malters.
But we’re more than just a connector. Our marketplace streamlines freelancer-client communications, simplifies administrative and legal tasks, expedites invoicing and payments, and so much more.
Today, our company is growing fast! We need people like you to help us write this next chapter.
We are a tech company with a human approach 👽
- Strong company culture fueled by 700+ Malters from 40 countries
- Offices in France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, United Kingdom, the Netherlands and the Middle East
- Committed to equality and diversity (50% of people managers are women)
- Strong career path policies allowing all Malters to develop and grow equally
- Backed by renowned investors including ISAI, Eurazeo Growth, Goldman Sachs and BPI France
- Recognized twice by LinkedIn as one of the best start-ups to work at
Malt is seeking an experienced and strategic Head of Tax to implement and lead the tax function for our business operating across 10 countries with 7 legal entities in Europe, the UK and UAE. The successful candidate will be a seasoned tax professional with a deep understanding of international tax regulations, transfer pricing, and cross-border transactions. As a key member of our finance leadership team, you will be responsible for developing and implementing tax strategies that ensure compliance, optimize tax efficiency, and support our global business objectives.
1. Global Tax Strategy:
- Develop and lead the implementation of the company's global tax strategy, aligned with the overall business objectives and growth plans.
- Provide proactive tax planning advice to optimize tax positions while ensuring compliance with local and international tax laws.
2. Cross-Country Compliance:
- Oversee and ensure compliance with all tax regulations, including direct and indirect taxes, across multiple jurisdictions.
- Monitor changes in tax laws and regulations to proactively address potential impacts on the company's operations and tax positions.
3. Transfer Pricing:
- Develop and maintain transfer pricing policies that align with the company's intercompany transactions and business structures.
- Ensure adherence to transfer pricing regulations and documentation requirements, minimizing risks associated with transfer pricing audits.
4. Tax Reporting and Accounting:
- Manage the preparation and submission of accurate and timely tax returns, including corporate income tax, VAT/GST, and other applicable taxes.
- Collaborate with finance teams to ensure proper tax accounting and reporting in accordance with international financial reporting standards.
5. Tax Risk Management:
- Identify and assess tax risks associated with cross-border transactions, acquisitions, and other business activities.
- Develop and implement strategies to mitigate tax risks and uncertainties.
6. Cross-Functional Collaboration:
- Collaborate closely with Product, legal, finance, and business units to ensure tax considerations are integrated into Malt’s product, into business decisions.
- Provide tax expertise and guidance in structuring cross-border transactions and business expansion.
7. Relationship Management:
- Build and maintain relationships with tax authorities, external tax advisors, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Represent the company in tax audits and negotiations, ensuring the best possible outcomes.
8.Fiscality Management of Management Packages and ESOP plans:
Manage the fiscal aspects of the Management Packages for key managers located across Europe and provide recommendations.
Manage the fiscal aspects of the ESOP plans as every Malter gets access to an ESOP grant. Make recommendations to optimize tax schemes for employees.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Taxation, or a related field; Master's degree or professional tax qualification (e.g., CPA, CTA) is preferred.
- 7 years of progressive experience in tax management, preferably in a multinational environment with cross-border business operations.
- Deep knowledge of international tax laws, regulations, and best practices. Experience in transfer pricing strategies, documentation, and compliance.
- Strong understanding of financial accounting principles and their impact on tax reporting.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills to liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to lead and develop a high-performing team.A
- Ability to navigate complex tax environments and adapt to changing regulatory landscapes.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
A first Google Meet call with Hamza, Talent Acquisition Manager.
Then, a second interview with Nicolas Roux, Chief Finance Officer, your future N+1.
A business case with Jenifer, Head of Accounting and Jean-Baptiste, General Counsel.
A final interview, with Alexandre Fretti our CEO and you join us!
Malt is the perfect space to thrive personally and professionally 💫
- Onboarding: Before easing into your new role, you’ll spend your first week learning about our culture, products, and services with other onboardees at our office in Paris
- Equity: Every Malter is entitled to stock options
- Lunch vouchers (legal benefit): €9/day on your Swile card.
- Transportation (legal benefit): 50% reimbursement (any type of transport)
- RTT: From 8 to 12 days off
- Sports: company participation to a Gymlib membership
- Malt sabbatical: After three years, every Malter is entitled to a one month paid sabbatical leave.
- Free books: If you’re interested in learning more about any topic relevant to Malt’s business, just tell us the books you’d like to read, and we’ll order them for you—without any questions asked or approval processes to follow.
- Remote work: Hybrid remote policy
- Annual team building events
Ready? Get your ticket to Malt 🪐