With unmatched technology and category-defining innovation, Icertis pushes the boundaries of what’s possible with contract lifecycle management (CLM). The AI-powered, analyst-validated Icertis Contract Intelligence (ICI) platform turns contracts from static documents into strategic advantage by structuring and connecting the critical contract information that defines how an organization runs. Today, the world’s most iconic brands and disruptive innovators trust Icertis to fully realize the intent of their combined 10 million contracts worth more than $1 trillion, in 40+ languages and 93 countries.
Who we are: Icertis is the only contract intelligence platform companies trust to keep them out in front, now and in the future. Our unwavering commitment to contract intelligence is grounded in our FORTE values—Fairness, Openness, Respect, Teamwork and Execution—which guide all our interactions with employees, customers, partners and stakeholders. Because in our mission to be the contract intelligence platform of the world, we believe how we get there is as important as the destination
We are looking to hire someone who is enthusiastic about tying rewards strategy to business strategy and inspiring higher levels of accountability, engagement, and business performance. In this role you will take a hands-on approach to designing, developing, and executing a thoughtful and competitive, global total rewards program. You will lead a small but mighty compensation and benefits team, and function as a consultant/advisor to our EMEA, APAC and US operations stakeholders.
With offices within EMEA, APAC & AMER, this position will provide overall support for program development, implementation, communications, and administration. The Global Total Rewards leader will assist in ensuring benefit plans and programs are compliant with applicable laws and regulations globally.
If you thrive in a dynamic, high growth environment, you have come to the right place! Come help us build a total rewards program that ensures Icertisis built to scale, and that empowers our employees in a way that is consistent with our FORTE values. #LI-remote
What you will do:
- Drive the strategic design and execution of our Global Total Rewards Programs (base and variable pay, equity plans, merit, promotions, quarterly bonuses, and benefits) in line with the business needs, culture, and values.
- Researching global benefit programs to ensure market competitiveness and the organization’s ability to attract/reward and retain top talent.
- Develop and implement overall total reward philosophy through the transition from private to publicly traded.
- Conduct traditional market analysis channels and explore new sources of market insights. Provide benchmarking market pay data to support HR colleagues. Conduct ad hoc research as required.
- Partner with global leaders and HR business partners in Total Rewards matters, job evaluations, annual salary review process, equity award process, off-cycle merit adjustments, new hire, promotion programs and level adjustment decisions, immigration, promotions, and transfers
- Should specialize in executive compensation and provide advice and support to CHRO and CFO with requirements of Board Compensation Committee.
- Regularly present potential programs and updates to board of directors and compensation committee
- Consult with business stakeholders to support the development and documentation of career paths ensuring alignment with internal job levels/pay relationships.
- Manage incentive plan design for executives, employees, sales, and support quarterly review of calculations.
- Manage stock plans, equity allocations, equity restructuring and support finding the new equity system.
- Manage and execute global recognition program.
- Manage global compensation team and work closely with incentive plans’ financial stakeholders.
- Manage design and administer global benefits programs, including health & welfare plans, retirement and wellness program, time off programs & policies (vacation, leave of absence, holidays, sick time).
- Provide leadership and direction around compensation and benefit programs to ensure competitiveness; recommend and participate in relevant surveys, prepare competitive benchmarking analysis.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of legislation as well as market trends impacting compensation and benefits programs and best practices, also be initiative-taking in amending policies and programs.
- Manage focus area with emphasis on maintaining and driving effective internal controls (SOX Compliance) and documenting policies and procedures.
What you will bring:
- 10+ years of experience working with either enterprise or global organizations.
- 15+ years of professional experience with at least 3 years in a sales compensation role, working with large data sets and/or complex Excel models.
- 5+ years global compensation and benefit experience especially with North America, EMEA and APAC regions.
- Extensive expertise in effectively overseeing stock and equity plans.
- Comfortable with a range of responsibilities from ensuring accurate calculations to partnering with the leadership team.
- Should be well versed and highly capable of anticipating, defining, and implementing the right total rewards solutions for our people around the globe.
- Experience with reporting to boards and compensation committee management for both public and non-public companies.
- Experience with major Incentive Compensation Management systems, including building of complex compensation plans.
- Ability to lead an international team and work with international stakeholders and resulting schedule flexibility to accommodate EMEA & APAC time differences.
- Knowledge of global mobility practices and operations to support the ability to deploy talent around the world.
- Advanced knowledge of job evaluation methodologies, salary structure design, and merit planning design and implementation.
- Requires knowledge and experience in developing benefits programs for regions such as the US, EMEA and APAC with benefits design, employee experience administration and governance.
- Pre-to-post-IPO experience helpful.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- CCP or GRP or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) certification preferred.
What we offer:
We are committed to the health and well-being of all Icertians, their families, the communities they live in, and our customers. This commitment is represented in the Icertis “Four Rings of Responsibility”: Take Care of Self, Take Care of Family, Take Care of Community, and Take Care of Business, in that order.
•Equity (RSUs) and shared ownership in the company
•Flexible work location (role dependent)
• Paid maternity and paternity leave
• 7 Days for Humanity in 2023 – paid volunteer days
• Generous holidays including the 4th of July week off – paid
• Extensive remote onboarding program and virtual employee engagement events
This specific role might not be for you, but maybe you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Please forward this opportunity to anyone who wants to help Transform the Foundation of Commerce!
Icertis, Inc. provides Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Icertis, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com
or get in touch with your recruiter.
Icertis is not open to third party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from third party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.