Head of UK Revenue & Growth
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies - from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups - use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone's reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
The UK Revenue and Growth team is a high-performing sales team focused on helping businesses of all sizes grow their business using modern infrastructure to power inventive business models, lower costs, and enable superior experiences for their customers.
What you’ll do
- As Head of UK R&G you will lead and coach a team of high-performing account executives and sales managers to deliver on ambitious targets delivering predictable revenue and growth across each product for Stripe.
- You will be exemplary in working cross functionally and operating at the highest level in a matrix organization, partnering with multiple functions across the business to deliver to our revenue goals and our users ambitions.
- We are looking for a leader who has a proven track record of building and scaling teams in UK or EMEA, delivering outstanding results with a user first obsession for the long term. A leader who thrives on dealing with ambiguity, operating in a high-growth environment and solving complicated problems.
- Ideal candidates will have proven regional sales management and leadership experience bringing new products to market, developing GTM strategy, scaling a technology sales team, excellent communication skills, and a users first obsession.
- Represent Stripe in the broader UK ecosystems (Entrepreneurs, Government agencies, Fintechs) and participate in industry events, and continue to grow our profile as thought leader amongst these stakeholders.
- Recruit, develop and lead the UK sales organization.
- Support developing the long-term vision and strategy for the UK with a focus on performance against key sales metrics for driving revenue across the region.
- Delivering targets by product, segment and country for new and existing business users supported by strong partnership with product specialists, professional services, engineering, product and partner teams.
- Drive user adoption ensuring users go live and ramp quickly delivering to their ambitions goals and realizing the full value of Stripe’s platform.
- Develop deep and trusted relationships at C level with users and partners in the region becoming a trusted advisor while building Stripe’s community in the UK.
- Lead with clarity and context sharing insights to the organization on user feedback as a significant contributor to shaping our product roadmaps.
Who you are
We're looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 15+ years of technology sales experience with 10+ years of sales leadership experience
- Experience driving and managing a sales business in a high-growth financial & technology environment with a track record of consistent over-achievement of quota and revenue goals
- Excellent operational skills - reporting, forecasting, data analysis skills; operations management experience.
- Ability to hire, train and coach a high-performance sales team
- An aptness to support the teams’ efforts through strategic advice on account strategies, and serving as executive sponsor with key relationships
- An exceptional leader who can clearly communicate technical concepts and build strong relationships with highly technical customers
- Ability to bring new products to market
- Demonstrated passion for helping to scale new technology / payment businesses
- Strongly preferred experience in the payments industry, card issuing, spend management or financial services sector
- Second-line management experience is desirable
- Prior experience at a growth stage payment/ Internet/ Software company