Funding Circle is looking for an experienced Head of Capital Markets to lead our US team. We are a vibrant and ambitious company, backed by some of the world's leading investors and advisors. This is a rare and unique opportunity to help design and build the capital markets business with responsibility for originating and executing specific transactions together with future strategy.
Bird’s-eye view of the role:
- Lead and build the Capital Markets team within the US, with direct responsibility for individual Sales, Structuring and Operations teams.
- Lead the strategy for capital raising, developing the investment vehicles and conduits for institutional investors to lend through Funding Circle’s platforms in the US but also the UK and Continental Europe.
- To originate and incubate direct relationships with a variety of senior domestic and overseas professional investors, ranging from HNWI and their Family Offices through to Banks, Hedge Funds and Asset Managers.
- Assist in designing the strategy and execution of specific Capital Markets transactions and projects
- Work closely with Global Capital Markets team and the Legal, Risk & Analytics, Product and Communications teams
- Work as part of the Global Capital Markets Leadership Team reporting to the Chief Capital Markets Officer
Our ideal teammate has:
- Ideally have 15 + years experience at a top tier specialty finance company and/or investment bank, asset manager or hedge fund within a credit/fixed income structuring or solutions sales role
- In-depth knowledge of structured credit and fixed income markets together with strong network of key buy-side individuals
- Confident, presentable and able to interact directly and autonomously with a wide variety of investors and stakeholders (ranging from C-suite through to mid-level execution teams)
- Proven quantitative and analytical skill set combined with an ability to manage complex transactions with a number of internal and external legal and operational stakeholders.
- Ambitious, dedicated and excited about working with highly motivated and smart individuals in an entrepreneurial environment
- BA/BS Degree required
- Identifies with our mission, “to build a better financial world”
- Aligns with our core values: Think Smart, Make It Happen, Be Open, Stand together, Live The Adventure
*This role is in San Francisco, CA
Why Join Us?
Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package. From learning and development and commuter stipends, to a competitive salary, equity, and health benefits, we’ve got you covered! That being said, have you heard about what we're doing?! Our mission is what really motivates us to come to work each day:
- We're supporting small business, the engine of economic growth.
- We're helping facilitate higher yields for investors and lower interest rates for borrowers.
- We can fund loans extremely quickly, all online!
- We have a clear competitive advantage globally in areas like domain expertise and regulatory processes.
Funding Circle is the world’s leading online marketplace for business loans, matching small businesses borrowers with investors in the UK, the US and Europe. We provide small businesses with access to fast, fair and transparent finance and investors with access to attractive returns. Our mission is to build a better financial world.
Since 2010, investors at Funding Circle - including more than 50,000 individuals, financial institutions, local councils, a university, and even the UK Government - have invested more than $2.5 billion in 15,000 businesses globally. The company has raised $373m in equity capital from many of the same investors that backed Facebook, Twitter, Airbnb and Wealthfront.
We've combined disruptive technology with deep financial acumen, industry-leading risk management models, and a customer-first approach to build something better for small businesses, investors and the economy.
To learn more about our work environment, culture, and perks, visit:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Funding Circle provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.