Head of Workplace Management
You might know us as Schibsted Spain or by our local marketplace brands such as Infojobs, Habitaclia, Coches.net
, Milanuncios, and others but in addition to hosting our local businesses Barcelona also hosts our global headquarters and our new technology hub.
This is an exciting time to join us! Our parent company, Schibsted Media Group, has announced that our marketplaces businesses (temporarily known as MPI) will pursue an Initial Public Offering in 2019.
We are bringing all our Spanish MPI teams together and moving into a brand new, shared office space early in 2019.
Reports to: Director, People & Communications
Direct reports: Receptionists and a small team (to be determined)
Key relationships:Human Resources
Corporate & Internal Communications
Purchasing & Procurement
External Vendors, Suppliers and Contractors
This is not just a typical facilities management role. We consider our workplace to be a vital element of our employee experience and need your expertise and passion to help us create a workplace that inspires people and truly reflects our company values.
The Head of Workplace Management will responsible for all facilities management services and accountable for planning and execution of all facility operations and projects. S/he will lead successful execution across all aspects of hard and soft service delivery while placing the employee experience at the core of all aspects of the day-to-day operation.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Workplace Management professional to join a fast-paced, customer-focused environment.
- Manage and coordinate the delivery of all Workplace services, working with your team
- Establish effective day-to-day business relationships with key stakeholders and take a proactive approach to requirements
- Lead procurement of facilities services in line with sourcing plans, budgets and contract requirements; fully manage vendors and contractors including landlord, kitchen, catering, housekeeping, maintenance, office supplies, etc.
- Manage Workplace budgets and resources, reporting on financial data / budget vs. actual and identify opportunities to improve cost management.
- Ensure our compliance with relevant legislation, Health & Safety, Environment and other statutory requirements
- Propose and implement wellness and other certifications that show our commitment to providing a sustainable and healthy environment for our people
- Establish and embed strong security and access policies, procedures, and protocols to minimize risk and ensure the safety of our people
- Ensure a robust business continuity and emergency/incident management plan is in place and tested regularly
- Plan and co-ordinate all planned and reactive Workplace services and projects from inception to completion, including all office, team and equipment relocations
- Ensure all services and office equipment decisions are made in support of overall employee experience and sustainability objectives
- Lead, coach, and develop the Workplace team: set goals, develop capability, and establish professional and collaborative ways of working
- Develop best practices for Workplace services to continually drive service and quality improvements across a contract
- Hold regular progress reviews to ensure organisational satisfaction.
Skills and Experiences
- Substantial experience in Workplace Management in the region (8-10+ years)
- Member of a professional Facilities Management organization; a Property, Facilities Management and/or Building Services related qualification would be an advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Spanish and English as minimum
- Proven ability to motivate and lead a multi-skilled team in the support of Workplace Management involving both hard and soft services
- Large- and small-scale project management experience and proven understanding of Workplace Management best practice
- Experience in planning and executing business continuity measures and incident management in technology driven environments.
- Excellent knowledge of local Health & Safety and Environmental regulations and Sustainability practices
- Experience in establishing best-practice Security policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of HVAC, energy management, building automation, plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems, painting, maintenance, waste management, etc.
- Numerical skills in budgeting, cost control and analysing quotations and other financial data; financial management skills from both capex and opex perspective
- Strong commercial and negotiation skills
- Able to build and maintain excellent working relationships internally and externally.
- A friendly, positive, and excellent communicator who is able to work effectively across the organization and enjoys creating memorable experiences for our teams, visitors, and job candidates
- Solutions oriented, providing explanations and proposed resolutions to problems rather than purely identifying issues
- Well organised, with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage competing demands
- Strong understanding and respect for confidentiality
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, flexible, changing business environment
- Diplomatic but also assertive as required
What Success Would Look Like
We have a Workplace we can be proud of, one which our employees enjoy and are positively vocal about. The Workplace team is perceived as a professional, proactive department working together to help deliver a great employee experience. We have healthy relationships with all our service partners, leveraging their expertise to be at the leading edge of Workplace Management practices.