At AE Works, we are more than just an architectural and engineering firm. We are on a mission to make building projects a better value. As a certified B Corporation, our commitment to people, planet, and purpose drives every facet of our work. We believe that the spaces we create should not only inspire and innovate, but also be sustainable, functional, and transformative. With a passion for design excellence and a dedication to social and environmental responsibility, we take pride in our role as industry leaders, shaping the future of architecture and engineering while making a positive impact on the world. Join us in reimagining the possibilities of design, where each project is a testament to our unwavering belief that building a better future is not just a goal; it's a promise.
AE Works is seeking a seasoned Healthcare Architect to join our team. Individuals shall possess the ability to work within a multi-discipline team setting, shall have excellent communication and analytical/problem solving skills, be able to follow directions, and work in a scheduled, driven, and challenging environment. The candidate should demonstrate the desire to further their professional standing through continuous education and achieving industry recognized credentials. This position may be fully remote with required travel as necessary.
The position comes with a competitive salary based on relevant experience as well as generous perks and benefits including medical, vision, dental, and disability insurance, generous paid time off and paid holidays, a 401k, dress-for-your-day dress code, and virtual working capability.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the overall quality and coordination of healthcare projects including leadership in producing and presenting medical planning and design deliverables.
- Lead clients and our internal, multi-disciplinary design teams through planning, design, and successful execution of building projects, both new construction and renovation, within the healthcare sector.
- Engage clients with evaluating and determining proper organization, programming, clinical operations and demand projections to develop appropriately coordinated departmental layouts.
- Create, review, and coordinate programs for design, architectural plans, master plans, and supporting infrastructure requirements, both graphically and in writing, to engage both technical and non-technical audiences. This knowledge should include an understanding of healthcare delivery, evidence-based design, and sustainable practices.
- Travel with team members and lead design discussion and collaboration, investigations, and project presentations with partners and clients.
- Support the successful pursuit of new work, including fee development, proposal development, and interview participation.
- Provide regular reports to the Firm Leadership Team on pursuit activity and progress.
- Champion architectural design relevance within the firm through mentorship and training.
- Lead cross-departmental reviews of planning and design documents.
- Support business development efforts in the healthcare sector.
- Assist in evaluating and recruiting new hires to support the continued growth of the healthcare practice.
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing team on healthcare-specific marketing initiatives and outreach.
- 12+ years of industry experience with a majority of time spent on healthcare-related projects
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture from a NAAB-accredited university or equivalent level of study
- Registered Architect with a focus on healthcare
- Knowledge of healthcare design standards, regulations, codes, and industry best practices
- Experience with creating design imagery in Revit, Bluebeam, SketchUp, and the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Experience in leading design of projects from planning through construction administration
- Able to manage concurrent, fast-paced, and challenging projects
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. EEO is the law.
AE Works uses E-Verify. You have the Right to Work.