Capital Network is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $70 billion in global client assets invested in close to 750 funds across more than 125,000 underlying accounts.
iCapital was named Solutions Provider of the Year at the 2020 MMI/Barron’s Industry Awards and selected to the 2018, 2019 and 2020 Forbes FinTech 50, a list of the top 50 innovative financial technology companies that are transforming finance through technology.
About the Role
This position is a “hands-on” role with operational responsibility for servicing hedge and private equity fund of fund and access fund vehicles (the “funds”) in conjunction with third-party administrators, managing all fund accounting and financial reporting to investors, including capital activity, partner capital statements, annual audited financials, and tax deliverables.
- Build and maintain relationships with underlying fund managers, fund administrator and distributors
- Design and implement processes and procedures for servicing the funds. Work in close partnership with the management team to enhance and automate key processes, and to develop and enhance product, management, and other reporting, targeting both efficiency and scale
- Work closely with investor relations, product, legal and compliance, technology, and sales & marketing teams to support fund operations
- Participate in new fund structuring, set up and onboarding
- Provide oversight of fund administrators and other service providers, such as auditors, tax service providers, and custodians
- Monitor cash positions and liquidity of investments, reconciliations and manage cash reserves
- Run accounts payable and expense allocation process
- Define, update and maintain operating policies and procedures
- Liaise with funds’ custodian and funds’ bank, as well as other counterparties as needed
- Work with counsel/CCO to ensure general compliance with fund docs as well as regulatory filings and requirements such as SEC and FINRA
- Ad-hoc activities as required by the team and different parts of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics or another business-related field
- 3-5 years of fund accounting, fund administration or finance operations experience (prefer a focus on alternative investment funds including fund-of-funds and feeder funds, but not necessary).
- Passion for the application of innovative technology
- Advanced accounting skills, with a preference for experience within an audit framework
- Advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrated capacity and willingness to work within a close team structure on all tasks
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task and work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of integrity
- Willingness to learn new topics and work in an evolving business environment
- Organized and detail-oriented with ability to see the big picture
iCapital offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a total compensation program consisting of competitive salary, annual performance bonus, and equity for all full-time employees; healthcare with 100% employer-paid health and dental insurance; and generous paid time off (PTO).
While we are currently working remotely due to COVID-19, this position will be based in our Lisbon, Portugal office.
For additional information on iCapital Network, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc