Do your friends and family constantly ask you to help them with technical problems? Can you walk your grandparent through a printer setup and not show your frustration? Then look no further. We want you on our team! This is your opportunity to work with other people who are passionate about technology, love to work together, are excited about a challenge, and want to help people succeed in what they do.
What do we do?
McLane Intelligent Solutions (MIS) is a fast-growing managed services provider located in Central Texas. We provide a broad range of outsourced IT services including design, installation, support, maintenance and consulting to the Small/Medium Business market. We are not just another vendor but rather a business partner that offers a broad range of IT services from Help Desk to CIO style technology guidance to the companies with whom we partner.
Why do you want to join us?
- Benefits - We have awesome health insurance and a great PTO policy. We provide an Awesome Teammate Bonus, where employees nominate other employees for exceptional work.
- Growth - We work with each technician to help them become certified and advance in their knowledge of the field. We also promote from within because we believe in building our employees to be our future leaders.
- Extraordinary People and Culture - We pride ourselves on having great communication within our company. Each employee meets with their supervisor regularly to discuss their individual development and we have a company-wide bi-weekly meeting to go over our company’s progress.
- Values – Our company has five values that drive how we do business: Integrity, Service above Self, Work with Rigor at Work, Authentic Conversation, and Enjoy and be a Joy.
What this job does:
- All of our Help Desk technicians work to solve customer technical issues. They receive support tickets and work to resolve them. If they are unable to resolve the ticket on their own they can consult with our other technicians, or they can escalate the ticket.
- When an issue will occur at a customer's location that can not be solved remotely, we will send one of our Help Desk technicians on-site to resolve the problem.
- Our technicians document their time throughout the day on the tickets they work on.
- A large part of each technician's day involves communicating with our customers and utilizing excellent customer service skills.
- Driven individual who loves technology
- Experience with Microsoft Products including Windows Desktop, Server and the Office Product Suite
- Experience with network troubleshooting/configuration including basic configuration of managed switches and firewalls
- Experience troubleshooting/configuring VOIP phone systems is preferred
- Experience troubleshooting Mac workstations is preferred
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems, or similar discipline. Education Requirements can be offset by work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication Skills
- Work on issues escalated by T1's in a timely manner
- Help Mentor / Train Tier 1's
- Must meet daily and weekly KPI's (tickets resolved, ticket age, utilization, time entry)
- Ability to travel on a daily basis with the use of your own automobile
Associates Degree in technology related field or hands on experience can be substituted for degree
Microsoft Certification MCSA, A+, Network+, CCENT, or actively pursuing a certification
Minimum 2 year hands on experience in a technical help desk role or related working technical experience
Minimum 2 year hands on experience with software and hardware troubleshooting ex: desktops, laptops, servers, email technologies, firewalls, switches, wireless, mobile devices.
- Paid Vacation
- Amazing Health, Dental, Vision, and prescription insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company provided Life Insurance
**All questions on the application must be filled out for your application to be considered valid.**