We are looking for a rock-star HR Business Partner to join the team! You will report to the VP of Human Resources and will work very closely with our fulfillment centers in New Jersey, Georgia, Texas, and Nevada, as well as the New York and California corporate offices. This role is located in New York City; however, frequent travel to our other locations required.
You will work to build effective partnerships with management in support of the company as it strives to deliver against its business and people strategies. This role is an exciting opportunity to have a broad range of responsibility across employee relations, talent and organizational development, training, leadership development, performance management and management coaching.
- Oversee human resources at all Boxed distribution centers. Function as the front-line contact for all distribution center employees.
- Create the people strategy focusing on talent attraction, development and engagement at our four fulfillment centers.
- Partner with fulfillment center business leaders to help them build and develop their people and organizations.
- Partner with a cross-functional group of subject matter experts to design and execute strategy for how we staff, onboard, develop, motivate, retain and organize distribution center work.
- Coaching business leaders across the organization on how to lead their teams, navigating and resolving employee relations issues or managing programs that help develop our people
- Implement training programs and leadership development curriculum
- Provide thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution. Use data insights to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions.
- Work with senior leadership on talent review & succession planning to ensure development and retention of key talent.
- Ensure all fulfillment center issues are addressed timely and accurately while mitigating local risks and liability.
- Assist in building and maintaining the Boxed culture.
- A self-starter who takes initiative and ownership of projects
- 5+ years’ experience in human resources, organization development, training or related people development field, preferably with an hourly workforce
- Experience in leading and developing professionals, managers & leaders highly preferred
- Knowledge & understanding of employment laws (local/state/federal) such as EEO/AA, ADA, etc.
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business or related field preferred.