Are you inspired by challenges and delivering results in a dynamic environment that embraces innovation? Are you excited about working in a startup environment for one of the most successful brands in e-commerce and online travel and experiences? We are looking for an HR Business Partner for our Customer Service site based in Grand Rapids MI.
Booking.com’s scale and scope, commitment to people, and high standards of integrity make our company a great place to work. We are one of the world’s largest e-commerce companies, and the #1 destination to book any type of accommodation. Our mission is to empower people to experience the world. Helping us do this is a diverse community of over 17,000 employees across 198 global offices, all connected by a love of travel and a passion for creating the perfect customer experience.
As an HR Business Partner at Booking.com you’ll be part of a passionate and dynamic HR team reporting to the Human Resources Manager of Customer Service for the Americas region. The client groups you partner with represent the largest share of our workforce, with more than 1,500 employees providing service to customers of Booking.com and accommodation partners. This is truly a multi-faceted HR role where you’ll have direct impact on our business success. Our people love what they do, who they work with and are passionate about service and the customer. The successful candidate will reflect that same positive workplace energy and customer orientation.
Partner to the Business:
- Expert consultation as a business partner to our service teams with a focus on maximizing people capability and organizational effectiveness.
- Proactive assessment and identification of people issues and opportunities via data and scenario analysis supported by presentation of solutions in partnership with HR colleagues, leadership and other key stakeholders.
- Gauge effectiveness of HR through establishing and maintaining metrics such as attrition, completion rate of manager trainings, succession plans, client satisfaction and workforce productivity.
Talent Management Advisor:
- Thoughtful management of talent initiatives such as performance, development and succession planning.
Employee Relations Leader:
- Oversight of employee relations matters from intake to investigation, through efficient resolution and looking ahead to risk minimization.
- Knowledgeable and keeps current with legislative changes to ensure that the organization complies with relevant employment legislation.
Talent Acquisition Driver:
- Meaningful contribution to workforce planning, headcount management, talent selection and onboarding.
Learning and Development Partner
- Facilitation of learning in targeted areas such as supervisory and leadership capabilities, risk management, cultural awareness, people systems, and processes.
Culture & Global Alignment Champion:
- Champion of our workplace culture representing and extending the cultural cornerstones of the company such as humility, innovation, experimentation, customer focus, diversity, and integrity.
- Engage in our global People community to invest in beneficial alignment as a member of the company’s Services leadership team and People community.
- Works closely with site leaders to ensure the best possible employee experience.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of progressive HR experience in a fast-paced environment, ideally service, retail or hospitality.
- Post-secondary degree in business or human resources or equivalent certificate in human resources. Working towards obtaining PHR/SPHR designation.
- Prior experience coaching and consulting with clients and business leaders.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of Federal and State employment legislation.
- A leader: The ability to think beyond the human resources function and contribute to the overall success of the business.
- Proven track record of building strong client relationships with all levels of management to improve business results.
- Demonstrated past experience in conducting investigations to resolution.
- Experience dealing with employment litigation matters.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong analytical, time management, attention to detail and organization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- US Citizen or currently authorized to work in the US.