Agoda has experienced dramatic growth, currently with more than 3,000 employees in more than 30 countries. As the company grows and attracts more talent, Agoda seeks to hire an experienced professional with strong law background to take a lead position in terms of interpretation and application of local labor law across the world.
The Global Labor Law Lead will be part of the HRBP and Talent Management Team, being the frontline support within People Team for research and interpretation of labor law. This person will also take the responsibility of being HR Business Partner, working with one or more functions as well as several locations.
Responsibilities will include
As Labor Law Lead
• Be the lead in the team for areas related to labor law such as:
- interpretation and application of the labor law
- partnering with the legal team on continuous improvement of employment agreements
- strategies for the combined use of employee employment agreements, handbooks, policies, …
• Design and develop a roadmap for labor law trainings, improving the value that we get during and after the trainings
• Work with Legal Team and Global Onboarding Team in the creation of employment agreements for new entities and the continuous improvement of employment agreements for existing entities
• Produce online learning content on labor law for managers
• Ensure the quality and effectiveness of documents such as employee handbooks, policies, termination letters, written warnings, … across the world
As HR Business Partner
• Partner with senior leaders and managers providing advice on local labor law, people management, people processes and solutions and people data insights
• Support managers in handling cases of bad performance, misconduct, termination, etc.
• Provide advice to senior leaders and managers on talent management opportunities
• Provide advice on change management
• Provide advice and support in the opening of new entities
Qualifications & Skills
• 3+ years of experience in the interpretation and application of law, preferably employment/labor law
• 3+ years of demonstrated proficiency in partnering with key stakeholders in in a consultant, business partner or business owner role in an international company
• 2+ years of experience in using data to take or help take decisions that have business impact
• Demonstrated project management skills and ability to drive programs independently
• Years of progressive human resources experience, ideally as HR Business Partner, is a plus
• Experience in fast paced environments or technology companies is a plus
Required skills and qualifications
• Bachelor degree in law
• Excellent proven written and spoken English
• Availability to travel 20% of time
• Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be able to build relationships at all levels of the organization
• Must demonstrate strong problem solving skills
• Comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done and the next moment being part of deeply complex strategy discussions
What we offer
• Being active part in reshaping the role of HRBP at agoda
• Being part of numerous innovative initiatives in the People Department
• A data-driven organization, ever evolving and expanding
• A young and dynamic multinational team
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE, we have a strict PSL in place and we will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Greenhouse portal.
Candidate CV's not submitted through our Greenhouse portal or submitted directly through to managers or HR will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable.
We thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
This job has been filled or removed by Agoda.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new HR Business Partner (Labor Law) job post.✕