The People Operations team is committed to OnDeck’s rapid growth by being proactive and nimble; by building high-quality partnerships that delight the OnDeck community. Our passion is people, and we are singularly focused on finding and retaining stars. And we always take our jobs seriously, but never ourselves.
As the Manager of People Operations, your role reports into the Director of People Ops and will work alongside the business leaders to develop strong multi-year talent plans that ensure a consistent, high performing workplace. Our goal is to develop, enable and retain great people.
Partners with Denver office leaders, managers and team members to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities. Demonstrates OnDeck’s Leadership Expectations and Values. Acts as a champion of OnDeck culture. Initiates workforce analysis and organization design activities with business leaders to ensure structure and staffing are proactively managed to meet short and long term business goals and desired retention is achieved. Ensures change management activities within the business that have team member impact are executed in a timely, professional and lawful manner and that communications regarding change are clear, concise and consistent. Facilitates L&D programs developed by our learning specialists. Ensures core People Operation’s processes (e.g., performance acceleration, talent reviews, compensation, talent acquisition, etc.) are clearly communicated and understood by managers and team members. Recommends process improvements or changes that will improve the effectiveness and/or efficiency of the client groups in Denver. Ownership of employee relations for the CO office in partnership with established peoples operations practices. Builds strong relationships with NY and VA People Operations colleagues to create learning opportunities and share best practices.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
The Business Partner must possess the following experiences and characteristics:
Industry: Experience working within a high growth, rapidly changing culture.
Building Businesses: Demonstrated track-record of helping Mangers identify and recruit talent that has contributed to growing the business or firm.
Change Leadership: A history of personally influencing behavioral and philosophical change among business leaders.
Self-Sufficient: Able to leverage support groups to scale execution but also able to personally develop practical tactical tools and templates when the need arises.
Advice: Seen as a trustworthy source of advice and counsel with experience coaching leaders.
Ownership: Experience and confidence to take ownership for the full impact of people operations delivery.
Relationship Building: Successfully builds strong working relationships from a geographical distance.
Human Resources Knowledge: Broadly skilled in a variety of human resources disciplines and a track record of applying insight to improve business results.
Detail Orientation: An ability and confidence to process high volume of work while maintaining an eye for the detail required that eliminates rework.
Talent Management: Experience in hiring talent, building succession pipelines, assessing and (re)designing org structures, coaching on performance management, and working with Managers to identify develop opportunities for their talent
Agility: Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, multiple priorities, and demanding environments. Thrives in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment.
- Bachelor's degree
- Master’s degree preferred
- Seven to ten years of progressive HR responsibility and experience; a minimum of six years of HR Generalist experience
- SPHR/ PHR/ SHRM-CP/ SHRM-SCP preferred
- Knowledge of CO employment law practices preferred
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Talent Development by:
- Inspiring others to stretch and challenge themselves to contribute in ways they might not otherwise think possible;
- Providing direct and constructive feedback that pushes others to develop their leadership skills;
- Results Focus by:
- Taking action to effectively and efficiently implement needed change throughout the business;
- Building a high-performing, adaptive culture that delivers superior value to our customers and other stakeholders
- Establishing clear expectations for levels of support and holding the team accountable for meeting them;
180 Day Objectives
- Establish strong, proactive People Ops leadership presence in Denver office.
- Drive leader led communication regarding culture survey including skip level meetings to reinforce progress from 2015 feedback.
- Facilitate actions from Career Development and Performance Acceleration meetings for Managers including performance management and individual development plans for team members.
- Prepare Managers for bi-annual performance acceleration including communication of process, calibration of ratings, and compensation discussions.
- Re-engineer the recruitment process in Denver based on the needs of the business.
- Learn our business and develop strong relationships and trust quickly.
What We Offer You:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life benefits from day one.
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take off the time that you need when you need.
- Up to four months paid parental leave for all new parents. Adoption assistance with reimbursement of up to $5K. We want you to have time to bond with your new bundle of joy.
- Order lunch on us from Seamless. You can order what you want, when you want and from where you want.
- We’ll match your 401(k) contributions and offer a discount through our Employee Stock Purchase Plan. All to complement your personal financial strategy.
- We want to help advance your career. Take classes relevant to your job and the first $5K is on us.
- Enjoy our annual company summer party, holiday party and department quarterly outings.
- Semi-annual Hackathons to give our teams a fun way to innovate together and come up with awesome ideas.
- Our partnership with SoFi gives you access to student loan refinancing, personal loans and even mortgages.
- We work hard, we play hard. Build or join an OnDeck intramural club, group, and/or sports team and be part of our OnDeck Community.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We believe in our employees and power their growth through being challenged every day and offering careers that inspire. We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s a game of Ping-Pong, team get-togethers or weekly happy hours in the office.
OnDeck (ONDK) uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium-sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
OnDeck Stats & In the News:
- In 2015, OnDeck & JP Morgan Chase partner to offer small business loans, named the biggest deal in the history of marketplace lending
- Our first $3 billion in loans led to 74,000 jobs and $11 Billion in U.S. economic impact.
- On December 17, 2014 OnDeck rings in the biggest NYC tech IPO since 1999
- OnDeck was New York’s largest VC-backed tech exit ever
Awards We've Received:
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014
OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No recruiters or agencies, please.**