BuzzFeed Entertainment Group is looking for a temp-to-perm Human Resources Coordinator to help with the day-to-day processes of our busy People Operations. An ideal candidate for this role has a great eye for detail, a no task is too small mentality, and a passion for developing systems, procedures and organization. A genuine interest in HR is a must and, in some cases, can be a substitute for experience in areas like payroll and benefits administration.
This job is full-time, based in Los Angeles and will begin on a temporary basis with a decision regarding full-time employment at year-end. BuzzFeed offers competitive compensation, great benefits and a stock option program to all of its full time employees.
- Assist the BFEG People Operations team with day-to-day operations and the coordination of special projects
- Act as the point person for all employee questions related to payroll, benefits, new hire paperwork, and similar items; run reports on related items
- Maintain all employee files and complete all forms, documentation, and email notifications for employee status change events
- Help with the payroll process by managing the distribution of checks & pay stubs, and problem solving on related issues
- Assist with the employee onboarding process including scheduling, tracking, disseminating information, coordinating the completion of new hire paperwork, and completing I-9 verifications
- Respond to employee verification requests and unemployment claims
- Assist the recruitment team with scheduling and related administrative tasks
- Help coordinate events run through the People Team and assist the LA Culture Club execute on employee events
- Complete other tasks and duties as required
- 1 - 3 years related experience required; experience with HR administration preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Genuine interest in learning and growing in the HR field
- Discretion to handle sensitive items with confidentiality
- A true ‘people person,’ that can interact with employees at various levels
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel), google drive, and ability to learn new programs quickly
BuzzFeed is a global media company that produces and distributes original news, entertainment and video. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology and reaches a global audience of over 200M monthly unique and 1.5B monthly video views.