Docler Media is a progressive tech-startup based in the heart of Hollywood. We’re founded by proven entrepreneurs that built innovative products, shaped their respective industries and established successful ventures. If you are an organized and friendly individual who wants to work with a progressive team of creatives, we may have a place for you.
Top Reasons To Work With Us
• Exciting company with great existing products
• Competitive salary and a casual work environment
• Creative and intelligent team
We are looking for an experienced HR Generalist to manage a broad range of functions at our fast-paced and quickly growing company. This position will carry out responsibilities in the core HR areas: recruitment, employee onboarding, performance management, HRIS management, employment law compliance, benefits administration, and employee relations. The right candidate must also be a highly adaptable, motivated, and ready to meet any challenge. This is a position for a self-motivated “out-of-the-box” thinker, who has a strong eye for organization, efficiency, and is very detail directed.
As our HR Generalist you will be in charge of:
o Coordinating recruitment efforts including: job description creation, postings, recruiting passive candidates, resume screening, phone screening, scheduling interviews, and follow-ups.
o Researching and developing innovative recruitment techniques such as company-sponsored events, networking event attendance, and social media and print media initiatives.
o Candidate experience throughout recruitment process.
o Developing and implementing internal recruitment processes
o Being an external facing presence for Docler Media at tech/industry events to grow prospective employee database, and spread our brand message.
o Administering pre hire background checks, reference checks, and personality tests.
o Preparing job offer documents for all new hires.
o New hire orientation including policy reviews, company culture overview, and 1-week follow-ups.
· Performance Management:
o Administering 90-day evaluations for all employees.
o Understanding and interpreting company policy and procedures, provide direction and guidance in support of company’s values.
o Meeting with department heads to determine training needs and organize trainings accordingly.
o Developing and promoting recognition and incentive programs to acknowledge staff and company achievements
· HRIS Management:
o Processing new hire enrollment, terminations, and employee changes for Docler Media employees in Zenefits and ADP.
o Maintaining and updating HRIS with any employee changes.
o Preparing and maintaining standard reports.
o Tracking current and future hiring needs and priorities, and allocating recruitment resources accordingly.
o Maintaining knowledge of industry trends, employment legislations. Responsible for Docler Media’s compliance with Cobra, OSHA, City, Stat, and Federal laws.
o Conducting employment status audits as needed.
o Keeping accurate and current employee files, I-9s and performance records.
o Advising and counseling new hires and employees on benefits including health insurance, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, and 401k plans.
o Maintaining employee PTO and Sick day requests.
· Employee Relations:
o Conducting thorough, confidential investigations of employee issues. Recommending appropriate course of action with effective resolutions that apply knowledge and understanding of HR guidelines and employment laws.
As an ideal candidate you have the following experience:
· Minimum of 3 years of experience working in HR with primary responsibility for HR administrative support in all HR functional areas
· Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or related field
· Basic knowledge of employment law (federal and state)
· Proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Excellent written and oral communication
· Effective interpersonal skills
· Ability to work independently
· Effective time management skills
What's In It For You
· Permanent, full-time employment
· Competitive salary
· Attractive benefit package including health insurance, PTO, 401(k) and equity potential
· Interesting and challenging work
· Opportunities to develop your professional skills and gain valuable experience
· Monthly team outings and team building activities at unique local venues