We are looking for an HR Generalist to join the team in our Amsterdam HQ
As will be part of our Headquarters HR team and you will provide both operational and provide HR support to the line managers and the employees.
You will need to be proactive, able to perform a wide variety of tasks and be passionate about adding value to your business partners. You will join our rapidly growing and successful company, in a fast paced role and exciting environment.
- Be the trusted partner for your accounts, providing expert advice, guidance and coaching to managers in all aspects of HR;
- Be pro-active in identifying people issues and trends within the business and work together with your key stakeholders in order to formulate and implement solutions;
- Be the second line of support to queries that Ask.HR cannot answer immediately, by looking at legacy issues, patterns or further background. Where no policy exists build proposals and engage with local management.
- Support managers within office/region with their people processes, train and coach best practice and ensure they take responsibility for their managerial processes.
- Handle operational issues such as absence and performance management within your accounts, and work with your key stakeholders to resolve these;
- Work closely with your manager and HR colleagues, to contribute to HR projects, and provide ideas and suggestions;
- Work with the HR Services Team to ensure compensation and benefits are coordinated and administered accurately within your accounts;
- Keep up to date with legal requirements for your accounts, providing suggestions for changes.
- As an HR Team you are responsible for Talent Management activities within your region (developing internal talent and bringing in external talent);
- Own the ‘best place to work’ topic.
- Provide professional, written and oral, legal advice to the HR Manager/ Business Partners to reasonably complex legal issues (e.g. disciplinary, organisational changes, employment legislation, internal documents, etc);
- Control the transparency and the relationship between company and Governmental bodies to protect shareholders interest and ensure the full compliance with the law (e.g. disability law);
- 3-5 years of experience with HR within an international company, ideally in a multi-site context;
- Your experience should include a minimum of 2 years of HR advisory or business partnering;
- Previous experience in a commercial environment;
- Experience with or a proven interest in labor law;
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Able to develop strong relationships and influence a wide range of stakeholders within the organisation;
- Proactive, data-driven, uses initiative, able to multi-task and prioritise, without close supervision;
- Flexible and able to cope well with change;
- Fluent in English is essential - other languages are a plus;
We offer excellent conditions of employment and possibilities for further career growth within our fast growing company. To find out more about Booking.com and apply directly please visit the link above and apply with your English CV and cover letter.