At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matter most in milliseconds!
We’re looking for an organized, flexible, and detail-oriented person who’s enthusiastic about both the practical and operational as well as the more creative work of our HR department. In this role, you will work closely with the HR team to perform various administrative tasks and support our team’s daily activities.
This role will last for a continuous period of 3 months or more for 40hours/week. Interns will be provided with mentorship and feedback throughout their internship and may be considered for a full-time offer upon graduation pending business need and performance
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Owning and delivering our five-star on-boarding experience
- Help guide our candidates to new hires. This includes entering them into all HR systems; distributing appropriate material prior to their first day, and providing a personalized on-boarding experience.
- You will also maintain complete employee records, coordinate benefit programs, and distribute/collect new hire documentation.
- Process employee changes, terminations, and related processes across all HR Ops systems.
- Answer employee questions and address employee concerns related to any policy, program, or process.
- Participates in cross-functional process improvement initiatives. Performs project tasks as directed.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with employees and other HR teams.
- Pull workforce reports related to headcount, attrition, and other data required by the team.
- Help managers navigate our intranet for various resources like job adjustment forms, manager toolkits, etc.
- Prepare letters and memos as needed.
- Ensure closure of all JIRA service tickets in our system and monitor any new tickets.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Strong communication skills, unquestionable integrity, and ability to handle sensitive HR matters.
- An ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize time and desire to get things done.
- Care about people and their happiness at work: a sincere customer service approach is key.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Keen to learn in a fast growing startup.
- High-energy, team-first, positive attitude.
- Must be a current student (Sophomore/ Junior/ Senior pursuing their BS/BA).
- Must be located on the West Coast
- Previous HR experience is preferred but not required.