Q is building an operating system for the built world, backed by a comprehensive technology and service platform. Today, hundreds of companies in four cities trust Q to make their offices run better. We handle everything from catering to IT, to cleaning, plumbing and office supply management. In short, we make it easy to run an office.
We also believe that creating good jobs is fundamental to our success. We treat all of our employees well — from software engineers to office cleaners. We know that 5-star service comes from talented, motivated people.
As member of LA's launch team, you will be 1 of 4 responsible for launching, running, and growing Q in LA. You will fly out to NYC to train with our HQ team and return ready to build a world-class team and culture. With your team and with the support of HQ in NYC, you will distribute Q throughout your city and, in doing so, will transform the way space is maintained there forever. As the HR Manager, you’ll work at the intersection of powerful technology and real world operations to scale a transformational new business. You’ll create and implement a strategy to attract, retain, and manage world class Operators (cleaners, organizers, helpers, handymen and more) to service the growing community of Q offices.
- Recruit, train, develop, retain, and inspire a force of the best Q operators in Los Angeles
- Manage a large-scale recruiting engine: You’ll be leading the growth of the largest team in our business, and will be responsible for the full lifecycle recruitment of our hourly Los Angeles field team
- Work with the LA General Manager and HQ team to constantly improve the Recruiting and HR systems and processes to scale with our rapid growth
- Collaborate with Q’s HQ team to create and implement programs that ensure Q operators are always trained to perform at Q’s standard
- Represent Q’s Operators internally, constantly advocating for process and policy improvements to make Q the best employer in industry
- Ensure state, local, and federal laws are followed in implementing human resources practices including payroll, benefits, and paid time off
- Embody the Q core values by always being trustworthy, positive, communicative, and effective
- You have a proven track record of hiring and training teams. You love the challenge of finding the best fit for the job and growing individuals to meet their highest potential.
- You are empathetic and patient and can really understand people’s needs and motivations. You thrive on solving problems and guiding people to be the best versions of themselves.
- You’re a self-starter and like working autonomously but you know when to ask for help when needed.
- You’re very detail oriented and hate when even one thing slips through the cracks; you’re laser-focused on creating processes and systems to support your work so no balls get dropped
- You’re a strong, honest communicator. You’re always professional, kind and quick to apply with the perfect tone whether you’re speaking with an Operator, client or engineer
- You have 4+ years experience recruiting in a high-output, high-pressure team environment
- You have some experience working in an HR capacity and understand how policies and processes shape employee behavior (e.g. bonuses, disciplinary actions, terminations etc.)
- Bonus: You have experience in a high growth technology startup with heavy people operations
- Ground floor opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in the world
- Competitive salary
- Generous Stock Options
- 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something BIG