We are currently recruiting for a HR Manager to join our People team supporting our Marketing business here in Amsterdam.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated and ambitious HR professional to increase the level of HR support delivery. You will join our rapidly growing and successful company, and be part of a fast-pace environment with continuously changing priorities.
You will partner with business leaders to enable the delivery of integrated HR solutions to maximise people and business performance. The role involves understanding the challenges of the business, supporting and managing change, supporting people development and advising on complex matters.
This role would suit an ambitious individual who revels in new challenges. You will need to be multi-talented, able to complete a wide variety of tasks and be passionate about adding value to your customers.
You will be leading, supporting and developing a team of 2 (1x HR Business Partner and 1x Generalist) who are responsible for managing effective relationships with the internal business stakeholders.
As HR Manager:
- You are accountable for all People related topics across your business unit;
- You will provide expert advice, guidance and coaching to regional leadership in all People aspects;
- You are able to cover end-to-end responsibilities in the execution of the defined strategy;
- You are the true business partner, demonstrating proactive and strategic thinking, are able to discuss complex business issues / challenges with business leaders and translate business needs into action plans and solutions;
- You remain responsible and, with the support of your team, involved in daily execution of operational HR activities (training, mobility, promotion, performance management, compensation & benefits, labor law, employee relations, etc.);
- You will be able to adapt Global HR policy and projects to the local requirement in a smooth way. You will provide information, analysis, and recommendations to organisation strategic thinking and direction. You will convince leadership and representative members, about the change and will work all together to implement project and changes;
- You will ensure local legal requirements are met by studying existing and new legislation. You will anticipate new legislation; enforce adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions;
- You will work closely with other People departments and peers to ensure alignment and contribute to ensure alignment to projects and provide ideas and suggestions for support;
- You will work closely with the HR Services Team in Booking.com’s headquarter (HQ) in Amsterdam to ensure a successful collaboration and make sure that processes and data are coordinated and administered accurately within your accounts;
- You are end responsible and overlook all disciplinary and compliancy issues (work permits, investigations for staff representatives, contracts terminations, etc.) and together with your team ensure concrete measures are set up proactively to decrease issues;
- You will be data driven and bring analysis results to key stakeholders;
- You will manage an HR Business Partner team supporting you on the execution of the defined strategy in your region, setting clear guidelines and KPI’s, to ensure the quality of the services provided to our key stakeholders.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience as an HR manager / Senior HR Business Partner in an international and multi-site / multi-country context;
- Experience as a people manager;
- Strong knowledge of international labor law and regulations,
- Skilled influencer, with ability to communicate with impact and engage effectively with senior stakeholders;
- Proactive, data-driven, uses initiative, able to multi-task and prioritise, without close supervision;
- You are structured, focused on details and able to report accurately and timely to your management;
- You are used to navigating in difficult / political / legal conversations with different stakeholders;
- Able to manage and deal with conflicts;
- Solution focused and flexible, able to cope well with change and with unfamiliar tasks/uncertain processes;
- Fluent in English
- Flexibility to travel required.