Our client is the Belfast based operation of a US company within the IT Security sector. There are significant plans in place for growth and therefore the business expects to have around 100 staff based out of this office. This is an outstanding opportunity for an HR Manager/Office Manager to play a key role in the growth of this exciting organization. The key focus of this role is to provide a full HR service. Around 30% of the time will be taken up with general office management duties.
To provide a professional, efficient and effective generalist HR service. As Human Resources Manager, you will work closely with Directors and the Operations Team on all operational and strategic HR related matters, as well as supporting the achievement of the Company performance objectives. You will work closely with the Heads of Departments to ensure business objectives are met. You will also ensure the smooth running of the office environment.
This role will require a skilled generalist with a requirement to provide support on all HR matters relating to areas such as Learning & Development (including delivering training courses), Change Management, Resourcing Planning, Performance Management & Development, Employment Relations, Talent Management, Reward & Retention and Recruitment & Selection.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To project manage and deliver employment legislation changes.
- To be the first port of call for any employee relations queries and to be responsible for ensuring the effective resolution and or escalation of such queries in accordance with the company policies and procedures
- To advise and coach managers on the application of the Company’s discipline and grievance procedures
- To act as the Company’s representative at disciplinary and grievance hearings as appropriate
- To produce all disciplinary and grievance letters and any other associated paperwork
- To influence and work with stakeholders to ensure that the interests of the Company are protected
- Informing and consulting with the Human Resources department on case updates and appropriate action to be taken
- Carry out inductions for new starters and exit interviews for leavers.
- Working closely with line managers and coaching them on how to effectively manage staff absence
Managing long term sickness cases to ensure effective resolution including returning to work and or ill health dismissal as appropriate
- Maintain and manage the time and attendance system and produce a number of regular and adhoc reports as required on overtime, absence, headcount etc; ensuring the data is communicated as necessary to the appropriate manager
- Processing payroll paperwork including new starters, leavers, sick pay and amendments.
- Producing managerial training guides on various topics such as giving feedback and recruitment
- Where appropriate design and deliver training courses / workshops.
- Producing and updating the Company’s online HR induction
- Producing any other training material and coaching staff as appropriate
- Help answer incoming phone calls & greet visitors as required
- Manage stock & order from food and supply vendors for kitchen and office area refrigerator
- Coordinate internal customer requests, inquiries and concerns related to the Facilities
- Interact with building management, vendors and suppliers as a point of contact for facility related issues
- Manage and coordinate activities related to company events
- Oversee and maintain the appearance of the office
- Manage communications to site employees
- Create/reconcile monthly expense reports for department credit card
- Prepare FedEx/UPS shipments and request pick up service as needed
- Assisting with travel for employees and candidates
- Point of contact for afterhours emergencies
- Assist recruiting with scheduling phone screens and interviews
You must also have a broad knowledge of HR and be a confident communicator adept at developing effective relationships quickly in varying situations and be adaptable to work working closely with varying levels of staff within the organization who are receptive and appreciative of professional and pragmatic HR support.
- MCIPD qualified
- Qualified to degree level
Skills and Experience
- 3 years’ experience of operating as an HR Manager ideally used to working across international time-zones
- Experience of project management
- Complex ER case management experience
- Experience of working within HR in the IT industry
- Numerate and Literate
- IT literate MS Office
- Sense of Customer Service