Index Exchange is looking for an HR Operations Manager to join our growing People team! Reporting to the Director of People Operations, the HR Operations Manager will be responsible for employee life cycle management to support our growing global workforce. This will include the design, maintenance and continual evolution of all programs, policies and systems that support global employment, payroll and benefit administration ensuring they remain competitive, sustainable, compliant and relevant to our workforce.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Lead the People Operations team ensuring the continual review and enhancement of workflows and processes;
- Manage global payroll operations, personnel, software and vendor services;
- Design, administration and negotiation of global benefit and retirement programs;
- Ensure records in all systems (HRIS, payroll and carrier sites) are accurate, protected, and compliant with regional legislation and internal procedures;
- Benchmark total rewards including monetary and non-monetary elements against applicable industry and regional market data;
- Present actionable, sustainable/scalable compensation recommendations, supporting analytics, cost models and implementation plans;
- Author and maintain IX employment policies, programs, contracts and templates to ensure they remain competitive, compliant and applicable; and
- Support global mobility requirements (immigration, expatriates, work permits etc.) and contribute to building a broader mobility strategy.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 8-10 years of global (Canada, US and at least 2 countries in EMEA or APAC) payroll and benefit administration experience;
- Working knowledge of ADP Payroll Software;
- Demonstrated experience analyzing, benchmarking and completing market research for the design of employment, compensation and benefit strategies/programs;
- Working knowledge of, or demonstrated ability to research, interpret and apply applicable global employment legislation;
- Expert working knowledge of HRIS and payroll technology, integration and automation;
- Experience authoring policies and process documentation;
- Understanding of immigration for employee mobility matters;
- Solid financial acumen, including accounting principles and practices;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and client-service skills;
- Strong judgement and influencing skills;
- Superior research and analytic skills with an audit and compliance mindset; and
- Proven time-management skills, that demonstrate the ability to manage multiple competing deadlines/projects without sacrificing accuracy.
Here’s why you’ll love working here:
- Work out of our 1 University Ave. office in the heart of Downtown Toronto
- Open concept office designed to facilitate communication and collaboration
- Flexible hours and relaxed dress code
- Catered lunches on Fridays
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands)
- Full healthcare benefits, paid vacation, unlimited sick days, 5% RRSP matching, discounted gym memberships and more
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.