At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
The People Connect Agent acts as a trusted first point-of-contact following self-service for questions on a variety of human resources related topics including but not limited to policies, programs, processes, total rewards, training and development, performance management, position management, workplace concerns, time off and leave of absence requests, workers compensation, talent acquisition, payroll, reporting and other general inquiries. The Agent facilitates, researches and resolves service requests from union and non-union employees at all levels of the organization by referencing available tools, materials and resources, and through collaboration with subject matter experts and points of contact in other departments. The Agent also processes the paperwork associated with various HR programs.
How you will make an impact:
- Answers a variety of human resources (HR) related inquiries from current and former employees originating via phone, email or electronic service requests; makes every effort to resolve inquiries at first contact.
- Assists in resolving employee questions on Human Resources policies, programs, processes, total rewards, training and development, performance management, position management, workplace concerns, time off including vacation, sick and leaves of absence, workers compensation, talent acquisition, payroll, reporting and other general inquiries.
- Routes complex inquiries to subject matter experts (Tier 2) where appropriate, while maintaining customer contact and rapport to ensure the employee's service request is satisfactorily and comprehensively answered.
- Tracks all service requests, originating from various entry points, and maintains thorough notes for reference in the dedicated service request system.
- Maintains working knowledge of HR policies, procedures, programs and initiatives to accurately answer questions.
- Ensures service requests are thoroughly resolved; contacts designated points of contact in other areas of the organization as necessary and/or perform research to accurately and thoroughly respond.
- Provides high-quality, timely, an professional customer service.
- Records and tracks all customer contact in the dedicated service request system.
- Identifies and reports trends or irregular inquiries to leadership to aid in informed decision making and the development of comprehensive approaches.
- Processes employee life events.
- Verifies enrolled dependents.
- Processes reimbursements for tuition.
- Responds to unemployment claims.
- Reviews attendance and metric corrective actions.
- Reviews initiated workers’ compensation claims.
- Processes employee requests for dental loans.
- Completes exit paperwork and interviews for employees leaving the organization voluntarily.
- Maintains paper and electronic employee files including Form I-9s, and updates accordingly.
- Educates employees on available self-service tools and materials for increased efficiency in resolving inquiries and in support of the People Org service delivery model.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of one (1) year generalist experience in human resources, with a wide breadth of exposure.
- Knowledge and skills of entry level HR Generalist.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including professional telephone etiquette.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to stay organized while multitasking and managing a fluctuating workload.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Ability to operate in a phone and electronic service request system.
- Resourceful at leveraging available tools to find answers.
- Critical thinking skills.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance.
- 100% paid vision insurance.
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive.
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills.
- Career growth: we love promoting from within!
- Strong commitment to work/life balance.
- Technology allowance.
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities.
Due to COVID-19, there is an even greater demand for flexibility and change. Due to the pandemic, the expectation around work location for certain roles may be remote until a future date, determined by Delta Dental Management. Should the position you seek be determined by Delta Dental Management as “remote,” the position may require you to have access to remote internet in order to meet the expectations outlined in the job duties.
Please note, Delta Dental will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so we’re all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers, providers and each other. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.