There’s a mission that drives everything we do. Around the world, we want to help small businesses get the finance they need to thrive, building thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward currently lending over 5 Billion a year. With teams in London, San Francisco, Denver, Amsterdam and Berlin, we’re fusing finance and tech to build new opportunities for those who want to achieve more.
About the role:
Being a fast-growing FinTech, it’ll be no surprise to hear People are a high priority at Funding Circle. We are looking for an enthusiastic and high-energy Continental Europe (CE) People Partner to join our team based in Berlin and support our German and Netherlands offices. In this role, you will support the CE teams to identify, build and execute HR strategies to meet Funding Circle’s business objectives. You will understand the critical business priorities and proactively develop a People agenda that supports the business as it continues to grow whilst incorporating our values and adding to the strength of our culture.
About the job:
- Support global initiatives across the employee lifecycle, including performance management, compensation, managerial & leadership development, total rewards, culture & engagement and diversity & inclusion.
- Work closely with the Talent Acquisition team and deliver a great on-boarding experience for all new joiners locally in CE.
- Partner with business leaders and managers to diagnose problems, identify and drive appropriate solutions while collaborating well across a global matrix environment.
- Coordinate ad-hoc projects related to organisation design and other people change processes.
- Apply data and analytics to help inform trends, identify appropriate interventions and measure impact.
- Experience as an HR Adviser, ideally supporting teams in different geographies (3 or more years experience is desirable).
- Ambitious self-starter, capable of working autonomously. This role will be partnering directly with our Country MD so you’ll need to be comfortable with and have the desire to build trusted relationships, with credibility and influence.
- Familiarity with local laws and regulations and experience of dealing with complex employee relations issues is desirable.
- Team player attitude with the ability to coordinate the planning and delivery of global HR initiatives locally.
- Analytical mindset, capable of getting into detail with people data to analyse trends. Must be comfortable using spreadsheets and creating pivot tables, v-lookups and other basic formulas.
- Assess training and facilitation needs and conduct 1:1 and group sessions tailored to deliver specific outcomes.
- Exceptional oral and written communication, listening and presentation skills.
- German and/or Dutch speaking would be useful.
- Willingness to travel regularly basis to our Amsterdam office, and occasionally to London
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
Relocation support will be provided for non-Berlin based applicants.