The HR and Training Administrator provides generalist support to the human resources and training functions of the agency. Attention to detail, multi-tasking and customer service in a fast-paced environment are required to meet deadlines. This position requires compliance with HR policies, regulations, laws and other procedures; delivers excellent customer service, emphasizing communication, recognition, teamwork and collaboration; and continually seeks ways to support and develop standardized processes and procedures. Responsibilities involve exposure to sensitive information and require use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment.
- Maintains personnel, human resources files, both physical and electronic.
- Coordinates and processes pre-employment background checks, degree verifications and other pre-employment requirements prior to onboarding new staff.
- Assists with onboarding new hires to include requisitioning of equipment, badge, etc. Coordinates new hire orientation series, providing trainer coordination/scheduling, room, AV, document, and refreshment support.
- Coordinates agency-wide employee training events including calendaring, coordinating schedules and resources with trainers, tracking RSVPs and facilities/refreshment coordination.
- Processes personnel changes in the agency's payroll/HRIS system and Learning Management System.
- Creates job postings and posts internally. Recruits externally as needed by posting positions, using online resources, attending job fairs, etc.
- Answers employee questions relating to various payroll, benefits and day to day HR questions.
- Processes EDD unemployment Insurance claims, state disability insurance claims, and employer response to FMLA, CFRA and PDL claims; maintains documentation for file.
- Updates agency-wide productivity report with HR-specific data on a monthly basis.
- Maintains a customer service and strength-based orientation.
- Embraces diversity in all aspects.
- Aptitude for detail-oriented work; ability to work through complex issues with a high degree of accuracy;
- BA/BS or higher in business, communications, marketing or social services discipline required.
- A minimum of three years of work experience in generalist human resources functions required.
- Social services agency experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications of Word, Excel and Outlook and ability to type 45 WPM are required.
Benefits and Compensation
- Highly competitive compensation
- Read More about BACS COVID19 Precautions & Response here.
- Fully paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage for employees
- 30 days off (PTO/Holiday), increasing with tenure, PTO given for Birthday
- 403b with BACS matching contribution
- Annual bonus if agency meets goals
- Tuition reimbursement for student loans & tuition, CEUs, etc.
- Free iPhone with unlimited data for personal/professional use + laptop for easy mobility for most direct service positions
- Clinical supervision hours towards licensure for most direct service positions
- One month PAID sabbatical after 8 Years – not charging PTO
- Once Licensed, free access to beautiful office space to start your private practice for most direct service positions
- Annual holiday and summer party, and staff appreciation events
- Significant internal growth opportunities
- Free access to beautiful facility spaces on weekends for events (family parties, baby showers, receptions, birthdays)
Bay Area Community Services is a CARF accredited non-profit, community-based agency celebrating 65 years of serving Alameda and Solano Counties by providing mental health and social services. BACS’ mission is to uplift under-served individuals and their families by doing whatever it takes. We are proud to be one of the leading agencies producing real outcomes to tough social problems. BACS owes its reputation as an innovator to our innovative and entrepreneurial staff. We are seeking individuals who want to transform clinical practice to be client-centered and effective in the field and who want to lead empowered teams to meet goals.
How to apply:
Submit a resume with a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience.
BAY AREA COMMUNITY SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER