If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and everyday we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
As a Human Resources & Recruiting Coordinator you will be an integral part and the administrative backbone of our local Inspection Center Talent team in Heath, OH! No day will be the same. You will schedule interviews, tour candidates around our Inspection Center facilities, and ensure candidates and employees have a seamless interview and employment process. You will help with sourcing and reviewing resumes when time permits, and collaborate to form Carvana best practices. This role will also be responsible for providing employees with resources for all employment related questions and issues as well as manage requests, provide needed information and help resolve issues as they present themselves. You will also develop and maintain business relationships with your (really awesome) coworkers within Carvana! You will help us build a stronger company. Every day.
What you’ll be doing
- Conduct accurate and timely reporting for all assigned metric tracking.
- Apply discretion/confidentiality to interactions with employees on sensitive issues; escalating to site leadership or HR Generalist/HR Specialist as necessary.
- Process requested reports and audits on a regular cadence.
- Prepare and manage any necessary employee documentation through the recruitment, hiring and onboarding processes.
- Support and manage local employee engagement activities.
- Schedule interviews, give Inspection Center tours to candidates, and follow up with candidates to ensure they are ready for their first day of work.
- Research and use creative resources to source and attract talented individuals.
- Help facilitate new hire onboarding by scheduling orientation for new employees and preparing all new hire documents following established company procedures.
- Establish and maintain site level personnel records following company confidentiality standards.
- Act as the point of contact for applicants, directing them to the appropriate location when they arrive on site and contacting appropriate management team.
- Prepare and manage employee documentation (I-9s, Performance Discussion Records, Certifications).
- Act as a resource for new hires as they become familiar with Carvana!
- Develop and maintain business relationships with your (really awesome) coworkers within Carvana.
- You will help us build a stronger company. Every day.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should know/have:
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience. Administrative experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred: HR processing of employee transactions such as payroll, benefit enrollments, recruiting, onboarding, etc.
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Experience working with hiring managers and adapting sourcing strategies to match the needs of the team.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information and interact with all levels within the organization.
- Exceptional interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to operate with a sense of urgency without sacrificing accuracy. We are fast-paced and need people who can keep up!
- You have a sense of humor. Kinda serious about this one.
- You have to understand the value of teamwork and how teams work…that was deep. If you disagree, read it again. Out loud if necessary.
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- You have the ability to multitask and prioritize like a ninja.
- You are comfortable with change and can easily adapt.
- You will not leave your personality at home. We thrive from each unique perspective. Our strength is in our diversity of opinions.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Proficient in Google/MS Office platforms.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.