About Our Client
Our client is a leader in providing full-service professional construction, project management and general contracting within the commercial interior, hospitality, retail, healthcare, and industrial sectors. As a Deloitte Best Managed company, our client has an unwavering dedication to integrity, a commitment to high quality, cost-effective building practices and where customer service is our priority.
As the HR Generalist, you will be focused on taking care of our most important investment the employees. You thrive in fast-paced environments and are approachable and solution-focused, possess a good understanding of best practices. You have a passion for and are excited about building great companies, including managing processes and programs that help employees do their best work every day.
What you’ll be doing:
- Facilitate full-cycle recruitment process for junior positions including drafting and posting jobs.
- Lead full-cycle campus recruitment projects and other ad hoc recruitment projects as assigned.
- Manage onboarding from crafting the offer letter and conducting background and reference checks to onboarding.
- Maintain and update HR files, employee records, and databases, ensuring accuracy and confidentiality (i.e., HR employee data base, Time Off Manager, Applicant Tracking, etc.)
- Coordinate HR-related meetings, trainings, and events
- Provide HR administrative support to Partners and Managers as necessary
- Assist Payroll team with preparation for payroll cycles – including reviewing timesheets, preparing and updating employee Time Off files and provide relevant data updates (i.e., absences, leaves, benefit changes, etc.)
- Support with various HR policy development and implementation
- Assist in promoting a safe and healthy work environment – act as point of contact for Health and Safety inquiries.
- Provide support to ensure compliance with all health and safety policies, programs, training and regulations.
- Support the development and implementation of health and safety programs.
- Facilitate and co-chair office Joint Health and Committee meetings
- Act as a Culture Champion to support in fostering a positive and inclusive company culture
- Support employee engagement initiatives and company-wide activities
- Support in organizing and facilitating employee recognition programs and events
- Support on Company Diversity, Equity and Inclusion projects and initiatives
- Support on Company social committee
- Updates annual Training Calendar and ensures training requirements are met based on needs analysis.
- Maintain training records and track employee participation, following up when necessary
- Responds to employee inquires in a timely manner and provides proactive solutions to day-to-day challenges.
- Act as a point of contact for all benefit related inquires
- Act as administrator for benefits programs – including enrolling, updating and terminating profiles
- Provide support on identified HR department projects and initiatives – take lead on identified projects/ initiatives as assigned.
- Provide front office coverage for the Office Administrator as needed (i.e covering lunches/breaks, vacation and absences)
What we require:
- Bachelor’s degree with CHRL/CHRP designation is mandatory.
- 3+ years of HR experience
- Expertise in creating innovative HR solutions from scratch.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and facilitate with confidence and passion.
- An agile approach to tackling HR projects & deliverables that vary (strategic & tactical)
For consideration, please apply online. As part of our commitment to inclusivity, diversity, equity and accessibility, our goal is a workforce built on respect that reflects the communities we serve. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are proud to be in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. We are happy to honor accommodations at any part of the recruitment process and invite you to let us know how we can help.