The biggest multiplayer games in the world use Subspace to create the most competitive and engaging online experience possible. Backed by top Silicon Valley VCs and run by former executives from tech companies including Riot Games, SpaceX, Google, Facebook, as well as leading Telecom companies, Subspace builds deep tech in global networking.
We're hyper-focused on "leveling up" in-game, and as a company. We are hiring people who help us raise the bar, add to our culture, and bring positivity, enthusiasm, and pride to what we are building. Our team members exhibit curiosity, are proactive by nature, genuinely enjoy complex challenges, and share a keen sense of urgency.
We're looking for a HRBP (Human Resources/People Operations Business Partner) to help drive our mission by working with leaders across the business to ensure Subspace is a highly productive and rewarding work environment. Our team achieves results by being innovative, driven, collaborative, and trustworthy. This role is both hands-on and strategic and provides expertise in the areas of employee relations, workforce planning, performance management, compensation, employee retention, coaching & development, conflict resolution, and plenty of ad hoc projects. We're looking for individuals who are passionate about their work and want to help deliver positive change every day within a highly focused and fast-paced environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Ensure that all employees are aligned with Subspace's focused mission and initiative - all programs and practices should support this as well as employee wellbeing
- Demonstrate adaptability and capability to learn about the orgs you support; be equal parts excellent listener and influencer
- Act as an expert and advocate for the teams you partner with; understand their specific requirements to be successful and implement programs and practices to support efficiency and productivity
- Work across the business and with others in the People Team to develop effective organizational structures
- Craft, design, and shape roles (both new and existing) to deliver on our lofty goals
- Ensure that cohesive leveling and succession planning is in place to drive organizational clarity and health
- Exert influence to create positive change and proactively mitigate and resolve employee or team issues
- Proactively identify opportunities and assess improvements to the employee experience; partner with management to develop and implement innovative and lasting solutions
- Be a leader throughout the company, ensuring that we are meeting our goals and operating in a highly efficient manner
- Advise, mentor, coach, and guide across all levels to develop positive employee engagement capability and leadership skills
- Build credibility and trust among employees. Resolve employee concerns through compassion, a systematic approach, clear documentation when needed, and follow-through
- Partner with the business to build engaged, high-performing teams
- Consult and advise on organizational design, succession planning, talent reviews, and compensation adjustments
- Partner with managers to ensure we are developing team members through formal and informal learning & development
- In partnership with leaders, develop workforce plans that ensure our success for the long term
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years’ experience at a technical consumer facing or business facing startup in an HR Business Partner or other strategic HR role including coaching, employee relations, recruiting, compensation, training and HR project management or program implementation
- Agility and maturity to operate in a truly fast paced environment with ever changing and evolving requirements
- Experience coaching employees and management through complex, difficult and emotional issues
- Applied knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and statutes for employment
- Thorough understanding and hands-on application of internal and external HR principles, concepts, practices and standards
- Demonstrated experience in organizational development, change management, coaching and communications
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partner with all levels of the organization and positively influence teams
- Proven planning and organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks
- Outstanding written and verbal communication; must be a clear, concise, and persuasive communicator & an expert listener
Subspace's mission is to build a momentous software-defined network and make it universally available and impactful. Our goal is to serve the globe, which requires a team that is representative of the world that we serve. As a company we embrace an accelerated approach to diversity and inclusion, and support and encourage our employees to be comfortable bringing their full, authentic selves to work. We believe in fostering an environment where diverse perspectives thrive; this core value is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success.