As a Human Resources Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating and directing HR functions and/or programs for Wayfair’s Greensboro, NC Warehouse and remote satellite warehouses. You will maintain and enhance the human resources department by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. The ideal candidate will be a creative, collaborative, results-oriented leader who is particularly adept at balancing multiple priorities and issues and being decisive. This role requires someone to be dedicated to developing a strong, diverse, and collaborative organization, have a strong work ethic, a passion for managing the details within a growing business and willing to contribute where necessary.
- Oversee and administer the HR role for the site including transactional and strategic HR functions
- Manage the onsite HR staff
- Guide and advise leaders in corrective action, development plans, employee terminations, etc.
- Make recommendations to improve employee engagement
- Prepare for and conduct new-hire onboarding and orientation
- Administer and advise leaders regarding legal and regulatory compliance: FMLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO, OSHA, Safety, etc.
- Support performance management and compensation
- Serve as a consultant to management and employees by listening to issues and concerns, and making recommendations for resolutions
- Oversee and administer benefits programs, including annual open enrollment
- Collaborate with Wayfair HR partners within Wayfair to share and develop best practices and drive consistency of these practices
- Ensure consistent policy implementation and adherence
- Perform thorough investigations into harassment and ethics complaints and resolve issues as quickly as possible
- Manage and track FMLA, Short-term disability, ADA, and other leaves of absence
- Work closely with Management and payroll on issues of attendance, employee scheduling, leaves of absence, etc.
- Stay abreast of changing legal and HR best practices
- Administer exit interviews and collect attrition data for practical use to improve retention
- At least 5 years in a dedicated HR role with at least 3 years of HR management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, or related field. Master’s degree a plus
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- Warehouse or Distribution Center experience preferred
- Excellent problem solver with a proven track record of driving results
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Products, Internet navigation, HRIS systems
- Proven ability to successfully provide relevant and immediate feedback in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Able to create, analyze, report and manipulate data as it relates to HR metrics