Who we are:
Geotab is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
Who you are:
Geotab is seeking a Human Resources Manager, Compensation who will work within a collaborative team environment to develop and implement the compensation strategy for the Global team. If you love technology, have strong passion for HR and compensation and are keen to join a technology leader - we would love to hear from you!
What you'll do:
The Human Resources Manager, Compensation will lead the compensation strategy for Geotab, including compensation, incentives, and annual merit reviews. You will be required to work with internal stakeholders including Talent Acquisition, HR Enablement, and other key members of the HR team.
In addition, the successful candidate will have strong project management skills and are able to identify needs, develop effective solutions and manage projects through completion. The successful candidate will also be a strong team player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Provide expertise regarding the strategic design, implementation, communication, and administration of the company’s compensation program, including annual short term and long-term incentives.
- Collaborate with external resources and consultants to proactively review compensation trends and benchmarks, recommend compensation structure and plan design changes, when required, to remain competitive in the marketplace.
- Own, participate and coordinate the compensation committee and committee meetings.
- Propose annual merit increase guidelines and lead the increase process from planning to execution, including communication.
- Provide leadership and consultation to the HR team and management on compensation issues; offer guidance regarding compensation practices, policies, interpretation, problem resolution and compliance with internal practices, provincial and federal laws (ie. pay equity).
- Oversee M&A activities related to aligning compensation, benefits and total rewards, as required.
- Prepare and execute the annual merit and incentive process, including the calculation of the incentive plan bonuses, preparation of letters and bonus documents.
- Prepare detailed analytical reports on pay analysis, performance management, budget, and policy recommendations.
- Identify and highlight significant risks and opportunities based on current market trends.
- Ensure compliance to regulations regarding pay throughout the organization.
- Manage and oversee compensation information within the HRIS.
- Provide expert project leadership and guidance to team as SME.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 5-8 years HR management at a global level.
- Post-Secondary Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Solid understanding of of Compensation and incentive plans.
- Global experience in multiple countries considered an asset.
- Experience in HRIS integration.
- Proven superior research and data skills, including both qualitative and quantitative skills.
- Knowledgeable about current legislation impacting pay programs.
- Strong project management skills; able to identify needs, develop effective solutions and manage projects through to completion.
- High accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve to well-judged decisions.
- Strategic mindset, has a keen sense of priorities, along with an ability to pivot as the landscape changes.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits (full-time employees only)
Retirement savings program (full-time employees only)
How we work:
At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
Geotab encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Geotab is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities throughout the interview, selection and employment process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at [email protected]