General Description of the Role:
The Human Resource Manager is responsible for overseeing all human resources activities, including recruitment and selection, HR policies and procedures, performance management, staff development and remuneration.
HR Policies, Procedures and Adherence to Best Practice
- Oversee the development, in accordance with GOAL international practices and local employment legislation, donor compliance and implementation of the GOAL’s HR Manual.
- Develop and ensure HR policies, procedures, systems, and processes align for all HR functional areas and that programs are in line with GOAL values and principles.
- Provide support to managers on employee relations and performance management, ensuring that issues are dealt with in a fair and consistent manner. This will include overseeing disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Work with senior managers to optimize and forward plan organizational structures for maximum operational efficiency
- Ongoing provision of HR technical support to the Syrian based HR team
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained throughout the HR team.
Recruitment Planning and Staff Selection:
- Ensure all recruitment is carried out in line with the Goal Syria policy.
- Ensure a transparent, timely and efficient recruitment process.
- Provide support to line managers at all stages of the recruitment process including allocating HR staff efficiently to organise and recruit candidates within targets.
- Develop a recruitment plan based on required operational structure
- Advertise vacancies in a variety of publications, through partners and government agencies as required and through networking and referrals.
- Shortlist candidates, interview along with technical managers and select the best candidates.
- Coordinate reference checks, terrorist vetting and job offers. Manage the HR orientation for all new staff.
- Develop and implement an effective and objective performance appraisal system
- Support, monitor and liaise with all line managers to ensure appraisals are being conducted regularly and appropriately
- Ensure all managers and supervisors are trained in 1. Objective setting and 2. Conducting staff appraisals
- Follow-up on all reasonable recommendations within completed appraisals
- Adjust training database to include agreed training requirements, and ensure trainings are conducted within a reasonable time-frame.
Inductions, Training and Staff Development:
- Oversee all staff inductions.
- Coordinate development of standard staff induction materials and group induction days
- Working with the ACDS, ensure that a budget is set for staff development and that staff have appropriate training to keep performance at a high level.
- Review organisational training needs through needs assessments and review of performance appraisals and work with managers to organise training, development and mentoring initiatives to meet gaps
- Ensure the training tracking sheet to monitor the training identified during appraisals and record all training completed and develop training plan on a quarterly basis.
- Conduct exit interviews with staff who are leaving and report to management on key trends.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Manage annual remuneration reviews for staff and ensure that GOAL’s salary scale and grading structure is appropriate to attract skilled staff. Liaise with HQ in getting approval for annual pay budgets and changes.
- Regularly review national staff compensation packages to ensure that salaries and benefits are competitive with targeted industry.
- Monitor industry salary and benefit levels and movements and recommend adjustments when necessary to ensure competitive positioning.
- Monitor market conditions related to benefits to ensure national staff benefit levels are competitive.
- Ensure effective management of social security and insurance programs for national staff.
Personnel Administration and Documentation:
- Coordinate weekly HR update meetings
- Review the staff database and HR files on a frequent basis, ensuring they are maintained to an exacting standard, kept up to date and audit issues addressed.
- Ensure staff contracts are kept up date and that all staff whose contracts are not going to be renewed are informed as advised on HR Manual.
- Ensure that timesheets are completed monthly for all staff, paying particular attention to exiting staff.
- Ensure all contract terminations are appropriately documented and all owed monies are paid to the departing staff member.
- Advice on contract policy as required.
- Maintain leave plan for all local staff and update monthly.
- In consultation with line managers, ensure that there is cover for staff going on leave.
- Keep paper and soft copies of all approved leave requests.
- Ensure the timely processing of new contract, contract extension, staff transfer, promotions and other change of status.
- Manage processes related to disciplinary actions, staff separation, and termination.
- Respond to employee related queries and provide services to all HR related inquiries and requests.
- Ensure work and residence permits issued for all foreigner staff and Social security registrations completed, also trackers maintained and kept updated.
- Reporting to management on key HR issues.
- Oversee work on HR-related insurance policies.
- Keep track of issues in Syria relevant to HR such as the introduction of new policies.
- Network with HR Managers from other NGOs to keep informed of HR-related issues.
- Ensure all staff have a valid and current ID card.
- Any other task assigned by the ACD-S or CD.
- Bachelor degree in business administration, Human resources, or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in human resources, preferably in a management role.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Turkish Labour Law.
- Fluent in Turkish and in English, Arabic is an advantage.
- Outstanding computer skills.
- Excellent administration skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Proven experience in leading difficult decision making
- High level of discretion and confidentiality
- Calm, analytical with great diplomatic and communication skills.
- Organised, a self-starter and an enthusiastic team player.
- An understanding of NGO and/or multinational organisations is desirable
If you are interested in applying and have the required qualifications please apply before 02nd of August 2016.