General Description of the Role:
The HR officer will be mainly focusing on developing and implementing policies relating to the effectiveness of performance management, trainings and staff development, providing assistance to the HR manager and GOAL lawyers on legal issues, and to the senior recruiter on recruitment, the post holder will also be the key focal point for payroll, contracts, disciplinary policies and ensuring GOAL polices are followed and implemented.
- Advice staff on day to day interpretation and implementation of HR policies
- Provide support in drafting local HR policies under GOAL global guidelines
- Ensure all HR policies and procedures are implemented and followed.
- Support HR manager with organising, recording, following up and liaising with lawyers, authorities and staff on permit issues (residence/work permits).
- Provide support to the senior recruiter on the recruitment process when required.
- Support in advertising, receiving applications, short-listing, scheduling interviews.
- Ensure all staff have up to date contracts, extensions, and change of statuses in adherence to personnel policies
- Ensure all staff whose contracts are not going to be renewed are informed at least one month prior to the end of their current contract.
- Preparation of payroll by ensuring accuracy & consistency.
Training and Staff Development
- Adapt global training guidelines to Syria context and develop a comprehensive training procedure
- Roll out training on training guidelines
- Facilitate logistic support for internal and external trainings
- Manage the training requests, create & maintain training files, databases
- Work with management to develop annual training plan, reviewing plan on a quarterly basis
- Assist in identifying suitable training providers and training platforms as required, and develop list of training resources
- Provide support and advice to managers on performance management, ensuring that issues are dealt with in a fair and consistent manner,
- Liaise with all line managers to ensure performance appraisals are being conducted regularly and appropriately,
- Monitor the training identified during appraisals and record all training completed,
- Provide reports to the HR &Training Manager, on a regular basis.
- Analyses individual and organization development needs
- Ongoing search of external development operation
- Participate in the development need assessment
- Implement and manage the HR System (HRIS)
- Ensure a high standard filling system
- Ensure time sheets are properly prepared and accurate.
- Provide reports to the HR manager on a regular basis to agreed format.
- Maintain leave plan for all local staff and update monthly
- In consultation with line managers, ensure that there is cover for staff going on leave
- Keep paper and soft copies of all approved leave requests.
- Network with the HR Officers from other NGOs to keep informed of HR-related issues.
- Ensure HR Manager is informed about any HR issues which could impact on security or be detrimental to programme activities.
- Any other duties as required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management and/or Business Administration or any other relevant major.
- At least 3 years of experience in Human resources, administration, or a similar role.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Fluent Turkish and English Language skills both written and spoken.
- Diplomatic with a strong communication skills
- Team player
- Computer literate
- Creative and open to learning.
- Arabic Language skills
- Experience in working with INGOs.
The deadline for applying is 11th July 2016 at 17:00 Turkey local time.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to a reference check. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications equally from both men and women.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.