Ampirical Solutions is an electrical transmission and distribution engineering company that provides comprehensive customer support from project conception to design, engineering project management and construction.
We are seeking a Human Resources Specialist to work in our Mandeville, LA office and be responsible for compliance related matters.
- Communicates and administers the organizations leave and disability accommodation programs including STD, LTD, Worker’s Comp, FMLA, ADA/ADAAA, Unpaid Leaves of Absence, FCCRA. Also responsible for California specific leave and disability accommodation programs including Paid Family Leave, CFRA, Pregnancy Disability Leave and New Parent Leave Act.
- Communicates with employees, managers and outside legal counsel on immigration matters related to employees’ H-1B, TN and OPT work authorizations; manages the process of obtaining and renewing these work authorizations.
- Performs re-verification of expiring I-9 documents and annual internal I-9 audit.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal laws through effective administration and updating of company policies, procedures, programs and initiatives as needed.
- Administers COBRA program through third party vendor.
- Maintains and updates all company job descriptions.
- Performs annual renewal and discrimination testing for the Section 125 Plan.
- Ensures that all labor law posters are renewed and properly posted in all company locations.
- Maintains ACA compliance and ensures that annual reporting is accurately completed.
- Completes annual federal and California EEO-1 filings.
- Serves on Safety Program Committee as the Human Resources representative.
- Monitors the Employee Ethics Hotline.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned, including assisting with other areas of the Human Resources function.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years hands-on Human Resources experience.
- Human Resources certification(s) a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of absence management related concepts, best practices, and workflow processes such as FMLA and ADAAA.
- Experience with researching, preparing, revising, and interpreting policies, procedures and standards.
- Proficient in Outlook Calendars and Microsoft Office products
- Experience using UltiPro HRIS a plus.
- Organized and able to handle multiple priorities.
- Good Interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good judgment and a high level of confidentiality a must.
- Must be a self-starter, proactive and must be able to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have “no job too big, no job too small” philosophy.
- Monday – Friday work week with flexible schedule.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision; STD, LTD, 401(k); life insurance, gym stipend, tuition reimbursement, 10 paid holidays; two weeks’ vacation; flexible work schedule and more.
Interested in Engineering Power-ful Solutions? Take a look at the link below to see why working at Ampirical is much more than a job.
We are an equal opportunity employer.