Tencent is an Internet-based platform company founded in Shenzhen, China, in 1998. We use technology to enrich the lives of Internet users and assist the digital upgrade of enterprises. Our mission is "Value for Users, Tech for Good". We embrace a culture of teamwork & innovation and are driven by our values - Integrity, Proactivity, Collaboration and Creativity.
We are rapidly expanding our international operations and are looking for top talent to propel us forward. Combining the results-oriented nature of a startup with the resources of a profitable and leading Internet company, Tencent offers a unique opportunity for aspiring individuals to thrive.
About Tencent Games
Tencent Games was launched in 2003 and is now the largest gaming company in the world, achieving game related revenues of $33 billion in 2021. As a leading global organisation for game development, publishing and operations, we are dedicated to providing high-quality interactive entertainment experiences to players and currently offer more than 140 games including PUBG MOBILE, Call of Duty Mobile, Honor of Kings and League of Legends to hundreds of millions of players across more than 200 countries and regions. Tencent Games offers talented individuals the opportunity to help shape and build something unique within the gaming industry as a whole.
About the Role
- Source and execute strategic partnerships and investment initiatives within innovative AA and AAA gaming companies in Europe.
- Build and develop senior-level relationships with game developers and publishers from PC, console and mobile gaming space as well as other key ecosystem players to build investment pipeline and source strategic partnership opportunities.
- Monitor and progress chase internal deal pipeline.
- Work on market research and market intelligence to provide recommendations to management team;
- Negotiate complex agreements while working cross-functionally internally with management, finance, legal, and product teams.
- Prepare and present proposals to internal management teams
- BA/BS degree is required, Masters/MBA degree is preferred
- Must have a passion for gaming!
- At least 8 -12 years of experience in strategic partnerships, investments & M&A in the gaming industry with in-depth industry knowledge and strong senior network in gaming sector in Eastern Europe. Capable to establish CXO level conversation between Tencent and major developers and publishers.
- Team player that operates well in a team as well as an individual contributor, with outstanding written and oral communication skills, negotiation and people skills. Comfortable with handling ambiguity and collaborating across different functional teams and departments.
- Flexible self-starter with entrepreneurial mindset and experience working in a fast pace, changing environment (i.e. startup).
- Ability to travel internationally to meet partners and attend conferences when needed.
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills.
- Experience working with international and multicultural teams.
Any of the cities: Paris, Frankfurt, Berlin, London, Liverpool, Amsterdam, Italy (home office).
- A diverse and inclusive work environment where you can connect with colleagues from around the world.
- A safe and supportive organisational climate to continue to grow and hone your craft.
- 25 days annual leave, long-service awards, flexible work arrangements, private health insurance and pension plan.
- Additional benefits such as annual trips, gym membership, working lunch, Family Day and other cultural events and festival gifts.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.